Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Jack Handey: I drove to a burned-out warehouse. "Oh no, DisneyLand burned down." He cried and cried, but I think it was a pretty good joke.

So yes. Although we live just 30 minutes away, we 'vacationed' at Disneyland. Let me tell you - it's a brilliant plan. You get a room to go back to for naps and such, and no fighting traffic to get home while your feet are achy and your head is pounding. Best idea ever. Also, if you stay at the hotel you get to go in to the park a whole HOUR early before they open the gates to the public. This is worth the hotel cost, cause you can just walk onto rides without waiting. HEAVEN. It was a great trip and being alone with the boys made me love and appreciate them that much more. (Hello mommy-bloggish-love-crap). Let me break it down:

Highs: We were excited about the whole hour early thing cause the kids wanted to ride the new Nemo Submarines which always has a long wait.
Lows: The park opened at 8. We got in at 7:25. The line to Nemo? ALREADY A TWO HOUR WAIT. What the f* people?? Needless to say, the kids are Nemo-less and will grow up just fine. With a sane mommy, at that.
Highs: My kids were on excellent behavior. There was no yelling or crying, and I mean by me of course. Everything went smoothly.
Lows: Other people's kids are real dickheads.

Highs: I ate A LOT. We only had one meal of crappy park food and I put an end to that immediately. I could write you a whole list of 'good' adult eating places, but there are other sites that do that. Including a nice lunch at the Blue Bayou, which is the restaurant inside of the Pirates of the Carribean.
Lows: I didn't get ANY pink cotton candy. Which is my only desire in life. And I was sad. Very very sad.
Highs: The Kid went on his very first roller coaster. Man, he's getting old.
Lows: I threw up after he made me go on the teacups. Man, I'm getting old.

Highs: Sure the Kid had a fever, but I kept it under control and kept him hydrated and in the shade as much as possible. He ended up having an excellent time in spite of it all.
Lows: I saw a turkey leg vendor pass out due to heat exhaustion. This could actually be considered a high too, cause you haven't lived til you've seen that.

Although I am biased, I have to say, Disney is the best. They really go to great lengths to make sure that you feel like you are in a another world and completely caught up in the fantasy. If you can get past the consumerism and the 'selling-out' of it all, you can see what Walt Disney was trying to strive for - a little place full of dreams. Oh, and it's clean. Good lord. I have visited and designed many theme parks in my life, and lemme tell you - Disney does it right. All the service areas are well hidden, the ground is spotless, that's the fantasy world I'd like to live in. If only the same thing could be done to my living room...

See all the vacation pictures...HERE.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Procrastamom said...

I agree, Disney is the shit. We took our kids in May to Disney World (our first trip to either park) and we fell head over heels in love with the experience. We will go back many times more and plan to drive down the coast to Disneyland either next year or the year after.

And I love, love your title. I heart Jack Handy.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007 9:43:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

So glad you had fun! I'm hoping by Thanksgiving they put a FastPass on Nemo. Otherwise, we'll go on at 11pm or so when the crowds have thinned.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007 9:57:00 PM  
Blogger Will said...

Why do I love you? Because of things like this: "Lows: Other people's kids are real dickheads."

Wednesday, August 08, 2007 2:01:00 PM  
Anonymous KAN said...

Disney is awesome! BTW next time you go try to muster the kids to stay out past 10. After the first fantasmic and fireworks are over everone leaves. One time we walked on 7 rides past ten. Good luck.

Monday, July 14, 2008 10:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home