Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Questions, questions. Give me no answers.
That's all they ever give me. Questions, questions.

I haven't been posting recipes lately, which is a relief to some readers, and boring to others. I will tell you, I have been cooking like CRAYZAY.

Someone recently asked me why her cookies came out so wonky when she followed the recipe, exactly. Whenever people say that...I worry. More investigation led me to the fact that she used aluminum foil on her cookie sheets. Good lord. Please don't do that. It's so old skool, and just...don't.

So again, I open it up to questions. I don't have all the answers, but I'll give it a shot. Also, take a look at the new improved seating bench - now with shelf above. And Kid. Or hobo. Depends how you look at it.

Seriously. Cooking/recipe questions? I'm running out of content and I'm sure you don't come here everyday just for my thoughts on Kimora Lee Simmons' my so-called-phat-life.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous poppy said...

I just baked another batch of your pumpkin muffins today. We can't get enough of them! But I use fresh pumpkin--yeah, it's a lot of work but I don't do canned pumpkin. What do you think?

Thursday, August 16, 2007 3:00:00 AM  
Anonymous Ms. Chickpea said...

Hi, I have a question about teriyaki sauce. I've used your recipe for teriyaki sauce as well as a recipe from Cook's Illustrated. While the ingredients are pretty much the same, there was a difference in the amount of ingredients used. And while both recipes came out fine, I found that the sauce seemed more salty and not as sweet as I liked. Does the brand or type of soy sauce used matter? I've been using the less-sodium type of soy sauce.

Please keep on posting recipes! I don't find them boring at all! Thanks!

Thursday, August 16, 2007 9:20:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Which kind of bear is the best bear?

Does the bench come with the Kid/hobo? If so, I'll take one.

Thursday, August 16, 2007 9:52:00 AM  
Blogger Gerta said...

I perhaps have not been reading long enough to have gleaned the answer (yeah, grad student...can you tell?): are you an exact recipe follower or are you a "by feel" cook?

Thursday, August 16, 2007 3:10:00 PM  
Blogger WeezerMonkey said...

I would like said bench sans child. TYVM.

Thursday, August 16, 2007 4:52:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

Usually when someone's cookies don't come out it's because they're using tub spread instead of stick butter or margarine. Spread has extra water and is whipped up. I know YOU know that; but a lot of people don't.

that is one snappy lookin hobo.

Friday, August 17, 2007 3:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home