Wednesday, August 22, 2007

There ain't no cure for the summertime blues

Things could be better. I feel fat. Unappreciated. I hate everyone and everything. Life just feels generally awful. It's been this way for weeks. I need to go into hiding where no one can find me. I am scouting locations now, but there has to be air conditioning, thanks.

Other demands I have? For the retail industry not to screw with me. I saw an add for Halloween and started to freak out. I went into a panic thinking about costumes I needed to get for the kids, decor for the house, candy I needed to buy, then I realized...it's goddam August. WHO CARES.

Things were looking up when I received a package today - which is fantastic because there's nothing I love more than getting packages in the mail. Only...this one was spilling out little black pieces of sand. I thought someone sent me kitty litter but it turned out to be black sea salt, which is all fine and dandy but a pain in the ass to clean up, can I just say. (insert Debbie Downer theme music here.)

Enough complaining. I am just waiting for September 27. Someone please rouse me from hiding then.

*image courtesy of kawaii not.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Lady Librarian said...

You should come and hide in England, it's as dull and cold as the middle of November here at the moment. Although if you did that you'd have to avert your eyes from all the 'hold your christmas party here' signs that have sprung up in the last weeek.

Thursday, August 23, 2007 3:13:00 AM  
Anonymous John said...

Such truth is spoken Lady Librarian. Ahm fair nithered up in Yorks...

Thursday, August 23, 2007 12:05:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I'm so with you sister. I'm so cranky right now that I want to punch someone. Hard. Repeatedly.

Maybe we need to take another trip to Scranton. I'll work on that.

Thursday, August 23, 2007 12:27:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Do you need me to come over and distract some kids? 'Cuz I totally will. :)

Thursday, August 23, 2007 3:48:00 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

I can't wait for some Jim and Pam action too. Hope the thought of it raises your spirits.

Friday, August 24, 2007 7:13:00 AM  
Anonymous ally said...

I feel you. I wish it were winter already so I could hide my fat under layers of clothes...

I'm also ready for that Fall tv season! Bring it on! :)

Friday, August 24, 2007 10:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home