Sunday, August 19, 2007

You don't know rough, sister.

I went out Friday night, which is a big thing for me cause I rarely leave the house at night. But with a sitter at my fingertips, the world was my oyster. Dinner at the cafe, browsing Amoeba, late night Simpsons showing at the Arclight PLUS freshly made caramel popcorn, all with some of my best friends. It was great. Except...

one of my friends couldn't be there. She gave birth the night before you see, yet she still called me from the hospital to ask me what movie we were going to see...without her. (Insert collective 'AW' here. Poor her.)

I felt really bad because, well, this is the second time that I've told someone that giving birth is a breeze. And it is. For me. When the Baby was born I was literally lying on the table and the doctor even said, "Wow, this is so easy for you. You are so good at this, you should have more!" Great. I finally find something I'm good at and I can't get paid for it, nor do I want to do it ever again.

But three pushes and the babies come out and I'm ready to jog around the block and eat a sandwich thanks, is how I give birth. It's a gift I guess. But it's really bad when you tell that to your newly pregnant friends who inevitably go into the world's most painfully long complicated labors. Um. Yeah. My bad. I guess calling my preggers friends up and saying, "How's your vajayjay?" doesn't win me any friend points either.

To distract you from the idea of giving birth, I give you this picture of one of my most favorite places in L.A., a view from the mezzanine at Amoeba. Look at all those lovely, lovely cds. Ah. Much better than vajayjay stories.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger WeezerMonkey said...

Amoeba Pics > Vajayjay Stories

Always.

Sunday, August 19, 2007 11:26:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Glad you had a nice night out!

Monday, August 20, 2007 8:04:00 AM  
Blogger Oiyi said...

Um...I hope my experience will be a good one in January. You give me hope.

Monday, August 20, 2007 8:17:00 AM  
Blogger Will said...

I thought you said Vajayjay store and i wondered "Where is this magical place"?

Monday, August 20, 2007 8:30:00 AM  
Blogger the slackmistress said...

Will, you already bought a vajayjay, you can only rent from now on.

@JJ: You could rent out your uterus and have kids for other people. Think of it as a nine-month sublet!

Monday, August 20, 2007 1:41:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

V-JJ. That's my gangsta rap name.

Monday, August 20, 2007 4:51:00 PM  
Anonymous dee said...

Hey, my kids came out that way too...three - wait, did you say three pushes or three HOURS of pushing?

My bad. My birthing experiences were MUCH different.

Monday, August 20, 2007 6:27:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

spider pig
spider pig

does whatever a spider pig does

can he swing
from a web

no he can't
he's a pig

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 8:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home