Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Angela: No one cares about your birthday. Kevin's waiting to hear if he has skin cancer.
Michael: That sucks. Great. Wow. That's good timing.

To keep my mind off the heat this weekend I became obsessed with planning the kid's birthdays. You know me, I LOVE to theme out the parties and I like to plan months in advance. So with the Baby's birthday is coming up, I need to find a theme. However, now that the kids are older, and er, more opinionated (who taught them that??) they get to have their say too. I'm not sure what way to go with the Baby's birthday but there are two things I hate where I will definitely put my foot down - No Elmo. No Spongebob.

Here is a list of things that the Baby LOVES:

1. Animals. He is obsessed with these pig cups, lately. I could go with an animal theme but it seems boring.

2. Food. The Baby will kick your ass in an eating contest. It's amazing how much he can pack away. And once he's done with his food, he'll go after yours.

3. Wolverine. Not the animal, the Marvel character. Although doing a bday themed around wolverine the animal would be hilarious. Guests would be like, WTF?? No, he loves X-Men Wolverine. This mini version. He carries him everywhere and even puts him to 'ne-ne' (sleep) in a little box. It's cute, but weird since Wolverine has those sharp claws. Eh, killing machine, kid's comfort toy, what's the diff?

4. Yo Gabba Gabba. Not much I can do with this, but the Baby loves this show. Especially Biz Markie's Beat of the Day. You should hear him attempt beatboxing - it's HIGHLARIOUS.

5. Fine. Elmo. ~sigh~ I really can't stand Elmo. I'm just saying, I grew up in an Elmo-less Sesame Street world and I was happy about it.

Hm. I need to pick something quick so I can start designing. What would you do? Any suggestions? Visions of a clawed beatboxing Elmo are clouding my brain. It must be the heat.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger WeezerMonkey said...

I vote Wolverine, bub.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007 8:46:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I am so buying an Elmo for The Baby. Or just giving him one of mine. Sue me, I love that little red monster. I did way back before it was "cool" to (which apparently it really isn't). That's what happens when you are the big sister to brothers born in '83 and '86, right around the Elmo became a regular on the Street.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007 9:14:00 PM  
Blogger SAJ said...

Wolverine! Wolverine! I love that little figure he has. Man, I can imagine the invites already. I almost want to design them myself.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007 10:02:00 PM  
Blogger ComfortablyCrazy said...

Elmo is a better choice than Barney or the Power Rangers. Which are banned in my house along with the power puff girls. Shudder.

Go with the wolverine. You could do blue with shred marks on the invitations. Give him some spiky hair for the day and a nice pair of jeans and white t-shirt. Oh and you could play pin the "X" on Wolverine. (The kids would be trying to pin the emblem to the front of the costume.) Don't laugh it could work. Ok, laugh away.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007 10:02:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

My vote is still Harley Davidson. Or Hooters. Or Absolut.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007 11:23:00 PM  
Blogger Mike and Maria said...

Seriously, is there even a question? YO FREAKING GABBA GABBA!
And get the Aquabats to show up to perform "Pool Party."
Holy Guacamole, we've got chips! C'mon take a dip, cause my pool rips! It was a pool party for everybody in the world!

Holy hell, I'm obsessed with that show.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007 11:39:00 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

Bphphphp Haaaa...bphphph Haaaaa...now that's a good beat! I would go with a Biz Markey themed party.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007 4:41:00 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Haha! I love the wolverine-themed party (animal). Maybe go a bit further with the weasel family and also include the badger, fisher, skunk, pine marten, mink and otter so no one is left behind.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007 5:32:00 AM  
Blogger e said...

Those party favors are too cute! I'm getting ready to throw my little one's first bday and cannot think of a theme! Why is everything so fugly?? Oh, I vote Wolverine. Claws are hot.

Can I also say OMG! I got my box of cute and I. Love. It. It's on my desk. : )

Wednesday, September 05, 2007 7:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Jeanie said...

2. Food. The Baby will kick your ass in an eating contest. It's amazing how much he can pack away.

This is my 3.5 year old niece, too! Who knew?

I'm sure your theme will be perfect for your youngest one.

Jeanie

Wednesday, September 05, 2007 10:28:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

as much as it would make my child free head explode, I say yo gabba gabba. tis the only hip thing on the list.

instead of games, just let the kids have a hotdog and cake eating contest.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007 1:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home