Sunday, September 23, 2007

Bag it

A few weeks ago Martha Stewart did an ALL HANDBAG show. Damn you Martha Stewart, damn you to hell! Purses (and shoes) are my weakness. You can buy them no matter what size you are. So what if I can't fit my fat a$$ into that size 0 dress, at least I can carry a fabulous purse.

I have friends who only buy cheap ones - lots of them. Then I have friends who won't buy a purse unless it's over $500. Me - I'm particular. Whether it's a $2 tote or an expensive carry-all, it takes me months to consider a purchase. The handbag has to be the right size, serve the right function and be structurally comfortable.

Check this out. Take a look at my purse compared to my SIL's. First off, the size of hers. WTF? I can't get a handful of peas, let alone my wallet into that thing.

Let's look inside her insanely small LV bag. If I were to psychoanalyze it, I'd say her life is free and easygoing, since all she needs is a phone and a wallet. But let's not go there, cause if you look at what I carry around...
...this is why I get migraines. Physical and mental ones. Ugh. I didn't even realize I had that much crap til I poured it out all over the floor.

I am on the verge of buying a new purse, but it has to be perfect. I have searched stores, magazines and the internet. So far nothing has fit all my requirements. While I think purses like my SIL's are very cute, my life is far too complicated to carry something that small. Do I need a new purse or a new life? Hm.

Click on the pictures for details - better pictures to be updated, later.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger SAJ said...

Please let me know what you pick so I can just copy you and save myself from the headache.

Sunday, September 23, 2007 10:26:00 PM  
Anonymous John said...

I,personally, shall do without...

Monday, September 24, 2007 6:01:00 AM  
Blogger e said...

Wow - that's a lot of stuff. All seemingly useful and useless at the same time.

And I love the 10 lip glosses you carry around! I'm the same way. I've gotten better though, today I only have 3: One nude, One pink, One red.

Monday, September 24, 2007 8:37:00 AM  
Blogger Yum-e said...

holy....! Before I actually read the comments I was thinking, "she has two of everything!" But then I read the comments and everything began to make sense. I noticed the spoons may be one for each kid...then ofcourse, can't ever have too much migraine medicine. How the heck do you survive the security check point at the airport? You'd have to throw your whole bag into the suitcase. :)

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 10:46:00 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

you SIL doesn't have kids yet?? so it seems w/ her bag...
did you ever watch "one fine day"!
after that movie i've always liked large bags!

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 11:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home