Monday, September 10, 2007

Drank too much, and I said too much,
and there's no way to go but down

Life is full of hard knocks. At only 3.75 years old, the Kid has already learned this.

Life sucks - lesson #1: Losing
We played a board (bored) game and I won. The Kid was sad. I told him, 'remember on Yo Gabba Gabba when Foofa lost, and they said, "It's ok, you don't have to win all the time?"' Granted, that was after I yelled, "WHOHOO, I WON, IN YO' FACE, KID." Yes, I realize that I just forfeited my nomination for mother of the year.

Life sucks - lesson #2: Disappointment
Taking the kids to Disneyland after 4pm is a brilliant idea for passholders. Great weather, no waiting in line. However, one should make SURE that your kid's favorite ride...is working. Damn them, they closed down Casey Jr. Circus Train. Every one of our visits begins with this ride, and I we stood in front of the boarded up ride until the Kid realized that Casey was indeed, down for the count.
Life sucks - lesson #3: Allergic to chocolate
Much like vegans, my Kid can't have chocolate. Except when he eats it, he doesn't feel the pain of a 1000 dead animals, he gets horrible hives and there is rampant itchiness. Usually the no-chocolate thing isn't a big deal. Until a birthday party, or a special dessert comes up. Then it's kinda sad.

So I came up with these cookies for him - they look chocolaty, but don't be fooled, it's only cocoa (which his body takes just fine). Also it is FULL of white chocolate chips - which is not chocolate at all, and I find disgusting - but he just loves. For him, it makes his little no-chocolate existence worth living after all.

The recipe actually does contain chocolate chips, I just modified it just for him. Even better, I made ice cream sandwiches out of them. See, I'm not such the bad mother after all. It was just the unsportsmanlike conduct that kept me out of the running for Best Mom Ever.

White Chocolate Chocolate cookie recipe, HERE.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger The Daily Randi said...

You are So Clever when it comes to Food Allergies!

xoxo,
TDR

Monday, September 10, 2007 9:21:00 PM  
Blogger WeezerMonkey said...

I'm allergic to chocolate, too. For this alone, I heart your Kid.

Monday, September 10, 2007 9:22:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Mmmm...

Monday, September 10, 2007 10:03:00 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

the picture does look good! --

Monday, September 10, 2007 10:07:00 PM  
Anonymous John said...

It's never too early to learn the value of disappointment!

White chocolate? I'm with you on that! I don't understand what it's meant to be - the Milky Bar Kid I certainly ain't.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 3:08:00 AM  
Anonymous dee said...

yummm...

My son thought the bran pineapple muffins at starbucks were chocolate for the longest time... sometimes I wonder about him.

Last nite we went to a Japanese restaurant and I told the waitress to make sure nothing had peanut oil in it, because my son is allergic. She actually said,'I don't think so, you want me to check with the chef?'
uh, no, lets just see if he starts asphyxiating and rush him to the ER first. duh.

Thursday, September 13, 2007 12:07:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

ok, finally had to add my voice to the "blech" din on the white chocolate. the texture just adds to it's wrongness in my mouth.

sadly, my mother just heard "white chocolate" when I was 9 and wanted to try it. she bought that for me for the next 25 years regardless of what I tried to tell her.

Thursday, September 13, 2007 3:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home