Wednesday, September 05, 2007

I stood there beside myself, thinking hard about the weather

Ok, what? All that complaining and overnight it's freakin' freezing out here. I'm sure this won't last, but when I went to bed it was summer in Hades and then this morning I wished I was clad in fleece pjs and had some cocoa. I was actually shivering last night. Odd.

Weather is a funny thing is SoCal. It's all we talk about. I am about to start construction on a major project and our big concern? Weather. We had a design charrette to deal with our harshest of seasons. Winter is coming, after all, and we may dip down into the FIFTIES. HA! I know the east coasters are standing with pitchforks ready to attack, but hey, it might sprinkle for a few days too, then we're all sh*t out of luck.

I wanted to bake this weekend but the thought of turning on the oven made me want to faint. Now that it's cold I might be able to strike a happy medium with these Brownie Ice Cream Bars.

Ice cream relieves all pain, and baking brownies is a great reminder of the cold weather that I am anticipating. I am already preparing my L.A. fall weather uniform - a tank top and scarf.

Brownie Ice Cream Bars recipe, HERE.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Oiyi said...

Yum, looks so good!

Thursday, September 06, 2007 6:40:00 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Two things I love: brownies and ice cream!

My fall SoCal uniform will be shorts and boots--now that I think of it--isn't that a hooker's uniform?

Thursday, September 06, 2007 6:43:00 AM  
Blogger Cat said...

Cold sounds so good right now. I'm already dreaming of a white fall...and your brownies.

Thursday, September 06, 2007 7:00:00 AM  
Blogger shizzknits said...

Yeah, what the hell is up with the weather? MOnday it was 105; today I'm wearing a jacket! Crazy SoCal

Yummy looking brownie ice cream bars!

Thursday, September 06, 2007 8:54:00 AM  
Blogger ComfortablyCrazy said...

Slept with window over bed open, swamp cooler on high (no a/c)and fan five feet from my head, like I have for the last two weeks. Now I have an earache and a sore throat. Stupid weather.

Brownies and ice cream yum. Brownies and coffee ice cream, even better.

Thursday, September 06, 2007 9:18:00 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Oh this weather is ticking me off! I hate to say it, but it's typical of {whispers} earthquake weather

Friday, September 07, 2007 9:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home