Wednesday, September 26, 2007

My home is where the heart is
Sweet to surrender to you only

If today was the first day of school, and I had to give a report on my summer vacation (aka the last 6 days) the list of things we did would go like this:

1. Sweated a lot.
2. Ate shave ice 4 times.
3. Took the Kid to the ER. (Let's not talk about that.)
4. Ate a bite of a $132 piece of Kobe steak. (More on that later.)
5. Got drunk and puked in a friend's toilet. I didn't get drunk but I do feel bad about his toilet.
6. Drove all the way to Kailua to eat the world's greatest pancakes. (Worth it.)
7. Saw friends I only see about once a year.
8. Didn't spend much time with my children.
9. Burned my tongue or something because now it's numb. I am seriously paranoid that my tongue will never be the same again.
10. Bought underwear.
11. Thought for sure I gained 20 pounds but turned out it was only 1.
12. Didn't go to the beach once.

It was nice to be gone, but SO nice to sleep in my own bed. Too tired to load the 111 pictures I took, but here's one. The Kid is seriously concerned about safety.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Gerta said...

Welcome home.

I do have the special when you burn your tongue trick...put some sugar in your palm and then lick it with the part of your tongue that is burnt. The sting will go away.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 1:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Spider said...

That's a great picture...glad to see you survived the second plane ride... :)

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 4:42:00 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

I would seriously consider having The Kid's eyes checked! And goodness, is the underwear the type you buy in the Hawaiian flea market that look like multicolored flour sacks?!?

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 5:34:00 AM  
Anonymous marci said...

LMAO!
That is the cutest picture!

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 9:08:00 AM  
Blogger Will said...

Now that kid is safe.

btw- my verification word is "iweanie".

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 2:00:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Sorry you missed the cool, rainy weather while you were gone. Now it's hot again. At least in the Valley.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 10:22:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Awww, love the pic!

Saturday, October 06, 2007 1:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home