Thursday, September 13, 2007

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.

I am taking tomorrow off and so is the Kid. He is pretty sick and has a series of doctor's appts. He asked what we are going to do on our 'day off'. Oh, let's see...early morning dentist appointment (the first of his little life!) Then, off to Target! Then the post office! Yay...going to the allergist to be poked and prodded! Then the drycleaners! Maybe if you're lucky you can come with Mommy to get her hair cut!

That's how I presented it anyway. With that much enthusiasm. I think I oversold it, as he is now telling people excitedly that he is going to have a super fun day with Mommy tomorrow. Crap. Just wait til he finds out it's mostly shots and errands. I think I better do something fun fo' real, so he isn't totally disappointed.

The Kid has been very sick lately, so to lift his spirits, lately I've been making him milkshakes. Every freakin' day. The doctor said any way he gets calcium is fine. Be it yogurt, cheese or ICE CREAM MILKSHAKES. Damn her for saying that out loud cause now he's all, "The doctor said I need milkshakes." Yeah, yeah.
Here is my basic milkshake recipe, along with some nice add-ins.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger APlanet4Creation said...

Yuck allergist!! I took my oldest and if I had know what they were going to do to her, I wouldn't have taken her. I had my testing done in Canada and it involve a LOT less needles. The poor girl is afraid of needles now. :(

Cute milkshakes! Can I come and live with you? LOL!!

Thursday, September 13, 2007 9:29:00 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

okay i'm not looking at the shakes, i'm looking at your nigella goodies -- haha!
i hope it goes well tomorrow...shots aren't fun...

Thursday, September 13, 2007 10:08:00 PM  
Blogger WeezerMonkey said...

I wish a doctor would tell me I need milkshakes.

Thursday, September 13, 2007 11:05:00 PM  
Blogger Jesser said...

So a few years ago, my hubby and I met my little sis in The Big Easy for a week-long trip. She was coming from NYC and us from Denver. Anyhoo, so we get there and I see her accross a sea of baggage claims and I'm so excited and I run up to her and just as I'm about to hug her I realize she's wearing a "M is for Milkshake" t'shirt. And she's like waiting for me to hug her and I can't cuz I'm dying laughing. My sis is not the sort of person to wear anything provocative, and I *know* she doesn't know what it means. Which is hilariouser still cuz she's way more worldly (i.e. reads more magazines with Britney on the Cover) than me. And it was true ... she had no clue. She thought it was like a funny Sesame Street sort of thing. OK. Done sharing now.

Friday, September 14, 2007 5:15:00 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Hope the mommy and son day went well!

I agree with weezermonkey, I wish milkshakes were medically necessary for me.

(...off to google to figure out the hidden meaning behind "M is for Milkshake"...)

Friday, September 14, 2007 3:14:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Mmm...milkshakes...

Friday, September 14, 2007 3:42:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

not to bring everyone down, but I know from personal experience that medically suggested milkshakes aren't as fun as one would think.

feel free to insert debbie downer music now.

Sunday, September 16, 2007 6:31:00 PM  
Blogger Yum-e said...

Dang! That kid not only gets milkshakes, but he gets them in cute little cups AND with sprinkles?! Man - that kid is loved. Dude - if I knew that milkshakes would give me less cavities than apple juice my life would've been a whole lot more enjoyable. Hope the kid is feelin' better...

Friday, September 21, 2007 6:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home