Thursday, September 06, 2007

Oh, and this boy - would be happy, just to love you,
but oh my, that boy - won't be happy, till he's seen you cry

When I went to daycare the other day, the director saw me and said, "Wow. I never realized...how COMPLETELY OPPOSITE YOUR BOYS ARE." Uh. Ok. You don't need to put the emphasis on the word opposite, I GET IT. You never know what's going to come tumbling out of your vagina*. Will it be a good kid, a bad kid, a smart kid, who knows? These things I know about my kids:

The Kid: Insanely smart. Say any letter to him and he will rattle off a list of words that start with that letter. Loves to help cook and organize the house. He can also recite song lyrics on cue and can give you directions to the nearest Starbucks. His brainpower frightens and confuses me.

The Baby: He is in training to be a competitive eater. He has the strength of an ant. I once saw him lift a toy train that was larger than him - above his head - and smash it into the Kid's forehead. Awesome strength, this one.

If I could harness the power of these two into one superpowerful kid? I could rule the...well, I'd only have to pay for one child at daycare...It'd take me half the time to get in and out of the car... There'd be no fighting as to what to watch on tv (Elmo or Thomas)... I'd only have to buy one pair of light up tennis shoes...

*Tumbling Out of My Vagina, coincidentally my new band name.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger the slackmistress said...

This post sums up all the reasons why I heart you. Whatever tumbles out of your vagin is bound to be brilliant. (Insert (ha!) even cruder joke here.)

Thursday, September 06, 2007 9:58:00 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

lovely band name -- haha!
yes my two kids are very opposite of each other...

Thursday, September 06, 2007 10:24:00 PM  
Blogger Jesser said...

hehehe. funny post ... and I love your new band name. ;)

Friday, September 07, 2007 5:41:00 AM  
Blogger Cat said...

Obviously these children are going to be a superteam who will someday turn us all into slaves. Enjoy them before they are our masters. :)

Friday, September 07, 2007 7:11:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

The one thing both those boys have in common? A fabulous mommy!

Friday, September 07, 2007 8:27:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

toomv...catchy

Friday, September 07, 2007 2:48:00 PM  
Anonymous ally said...

I am having the crappiest day and your blog entry has just made me laugh so hard out loud. Thank you, thank you for the lift!

Friday, September 07, 2007 3:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home