Thursday, September 27, 2007

So I have flaws. I sing in the shower. I volunteer too much. I hit someone with my car.

Being a working mom sucks. I had to duck out of a super important client meeting this afternoon to take the Kid to an emergency doctor's appt. Which is more important, this job or my Kid's life? The answer is obvious but the guilt on both sides is still gut-wrenching. (p.s. The Kid is still alive, hooray!)

The only thing to lift my spirits was the Office premiere...tonight!Ah, Thursday night recaps are back. Nanners and I joked that she should cancel her trip to Italy. Now if we had another visit to the Office set, I bet she would consider it! Yes, we are crazy.

Now THAT episode was worth waiting for. There will be so many merchandising opportunities from this one show. You know that rabies bracelets will be for sale any day now. Probably followed by those fun run t-shirts. The PB&J - Pam+Jim thing was too cute. I am very happy with new 'in love' chemistry, I just hope it doesn't run it course. I'm sure Michael's heatstroke thing was real because it's goddam hot in the Valley, no acting required.

My one gripe - which happens every season, when I watch the shows live, is that I have to endure these god awful commercials. Let me tell you, God invented tivo so that I would not have to watch a patty melt jiggle. Cause frankly, that makes me want to vomit. Also I do not need to know about a pill that makes my period only last 3 days yet will cause me blood clots and possible heart attacks. Um, I'll just take my period like regular...sans the death part, thanks.

Here's what the Office was up to this summer. I can't wait for next week, whee!

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Tuesday Girl said...

"It was just Meredith"

"Yes, thank god it was just Meredith"

funniest line ever.

Friday, September 28, 2007 6:02:00 AM  
Blogger Cat said...

Poor Sprinkles!!!

Friday, September 28, 2007 8:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Daddy Dan said...

Best lines/moments for me:

1."I'm not superstitious, I'm just a little stitious."

2. The rabies quilt and band

3. Toby, "He couldn't have made it a circle?"

4. "If there's no god then why all the churches"

Friday, September 28, 2007 9:23:00 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

I'm still waiting for the pill that makes my period last 30 days...

Friday, September 28, 2007 9:51:00 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Support the Rabid - that was the best! Also, the giant cheque being handed over to the stripper. Ha!

Friday, September 28, 2007 10:02:00 AM  
Anonymous Tuesday said...

everything about that episode was awesome, I can't even pick on favorite line. LOVED it.

Friday, September 28, 2007 10:18:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

"She has a slight pelvical fracture." I'm totally gonna say that at work!

Some of that episode was shot in the person-we-know-on-the-crew's neighborhood.

Saturday, September 29, 2007 12:08:00 AM  
Blogger Jesser said...

Lalalallalal! I can't hear you, cuz I haven't seeeen it yet. Lousy emergency trips. I hope Tivo didn't screw things up.

Saturday, September 29, 2007 4:25:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Just finished watching the episodes. I'm glad they're together, but I, too, am hoping it doesn't run its course. I also loved Kelly and Ryan. "It's a date!"

Saturday, October 06, 2007 1:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home