Monday, September 03, 2007

Will there ever be a boy who can swim faster than a shark?

Yes, you've heard. It's hot. Scorching in fact. It's so hot we went to Target twice today just to get out of the heat. An Icee+popcorn is only $1.20. Terribly unhealthy, terribly satisfying. It was near 100 where we live, therefore the Valley must have been close to Hades. The difference is they have A/C out there while we at the beach do not. Phooey.

It was so hot last night, the Kid and I slept on the floor next to an open door, in hopes of catching a breeze. He thought we were having a slumber party and thought it was fantastic - my back is saying otherwise. I was considering going out and sleeping on the lawn outside, but it might look unseemly to the neighbors.
When the boys woke up at 6am, it was already in the 80s. We had to get out of the house. I decided that our trip of the day was going to be to the Aquarium of the Pacific. Unfortunately, everyone else had the same idea. It was damn crowded, however we got a pretty darn good BBQ lunch at their first annual Labor Day Picnic. Ribs, tri tip, chicken, hot dogs, beans, salad, spicy chipotle potato salad, slaw, pies, roasted corn and aguas frescas. Sooo good.

I hate to say it, but I can't wait to go to work tomorrow. All A/C all the time, baby. The thought makes me giddy.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous jimh said...

Nothing relevant, only that I burst out laughing at the title of this post. Is it possible to kill a man armed only with a biro?

Monday, September 03, 2007 9:18:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Jim. I know what you're thinking. You're thinking if I crash land in the jungle can I survive by eating my own shoes?

Monday, September 03, 2007 9:47:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Yeah, I suppose I'm looking forward to the AC at work, too.

Monday, September 03, 2007 9:54:00 PM  
Blogger WeezerMonkey said...

I have A/C at home. Nyah, nyah, nyah. Even so, we, too, had Target Icees today.

Monday, September 03, 2007 10:09:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

WeezerMonkey stole my "nyah, nyah, nyahs." I was going to say it over my a/c. Yet, I had to work today, so phooey on enjoying MY a/c. Damn the man. I did enjoy a friend's pool though and am now sitting in my dry, but awfully comfy house.

Monday, September 03, 2007 10:12:00 PM  
Blogger The Daily Randi said...

We are Not Usually Hot here in Santa Monica, either. But, yesterday, I couldn't stop saying, "It's So Freaking Hot!" every few minutes. So, like, it must have been Really Hot.

xoxo,
TDR

Tuesday, September 04, 2007 9:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home