Sunday, October 14, 2007

Come with me, and you'll be, in a world of pure imagination

Only a fool would take the kids to Disneyland on the rainiest of days, right? Right?? Yeah. Well, I really wanted to go, and I said it out loud, so there you have it. The rain wasn't that bad, but I was glad I had their fuzzy winter coats. The chill factor was frrreezing. Then in true SoCal fashion, the sun came out and it was f*ing hot for the rest of the afternoon.

The reason we went was to see the Candy Corn Festival at DCA. Doesn't that sound delicious? Sadly the festival blew, since there was no real candy corn, just fake ones, which was cute but still lame. I want sugar. The only good thing was that it was at DCA, so I hope it brings them more guests. I like that park, although it's sad to see most of the architecural stuff we worked on has been shut down due to lack of interest. They really need to revamp that place and fast.

My favorite 'ride' of course, being the 'Tortilla Factory". Spare me the history of corn, I just love the delicious free tortillas at the end, thanks. I bought the Baby his first pair of 'ears' and I found it interesting that now it's all fancy and computerized, not like the giant scary needle and yellow thread that they used to have, where they sewed the names by hand. That was in the 70s. I guess I think I just dated myself with my old-ness. So, now it's all computerized. Ah, progress.

I would love a giant mofo sewing machine for my home. I would make so many cool things with it! Eh, not really. I'd just make the same crap I make now, but it'd sure look nice sitting in the corner of my craft room collecting dust.

It was surprisingly crowded for such a horrible weather day, which meant I could use the excuse to drag the kids home early. Doesn't matter. I'm sure we'll be back next week.

More of our day at Disneyland, here.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Christie said...

We went to the "world" (aka. WDW) last May and I'm happy to report that they still had the antique crappy sewing machines with someone doing them by hand. It's impressive that the lady does it backwards from the inside of that hat, not so impressive when you flip it back out and see it's all crooked. They did update to white thread though.

Monday, October 15, 2007 4:49:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

A few years ago I noticed people had candy corn & peanuts mixed in candy dishes. yak. but you know what? it's pretty darned good. I don't even like candy corn. But I always buy mixed nuts.

I saw your plastic teeth yesterday. sadly not the apron.

Monday, October 15, 2007 1:48:00 PM  
Blogger Jesser said...

Damn. I wanna go to Disneyland at a moment's notice. But then I suppose I'd have to live in So. Cal and while I understand while loads of people dig it, I need me my rocky mountains. But I might have given it all up if that candy corn had been real. I had the gourmet stuff from target ($3/bag, toffee popcorn flavored, dangerously good) and I might be hooked.

Monday, October 15, 2007 8:37:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

We always hope for an afternoon shower on Thanksgiving at Disneyland. It scare a lot of people and they leave!

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 6:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home