Monday, October 29, 2007

Damn, they don't make 'em like this anymore, I ask, cause I'm not sure. Do anybody make real sh*t anymore?

Mad. I was supposed to go to the Murakami opening this weekend but missed it. Not only do I love MOCA and Murakami, but I love Keanu Reeves who was there looking around, dammit. Not that I would have jumped on his back and told him how much I love him...or something. But still, mad. Also Kanye West played the opening and I love me some Kanye West.

We went to a pumpkin patch this weekend which had WAY reasonably priced pumpkins, it was the kiddie rides that ate at my wallet. In the old days I'd carve one decently complicated pumpkin and call it a day. Cut to Jenn2007, and now I have two kids that are demanding and can talk and who know that Mommy can carve just about anything they ask for. Talking sucks.

The Baby asked for Plex from Yo Gabba Gabba. (I think Mike did too, actually.):
The Kid asked for "Paul Frank" - meaning Julius the monkey:
For the 'big' pumpkin I decided to go with something that the kids LOVE. That is...Peter Pan. Goddam they ask to watch that movie everyday (meaning turn it on and then leave the room) and they play with Peter Pan figures everyday and even dress up like the characters...EVERY freakin' DAY. You can guess where this is going, yes, they are going to be Peter Pan and Captain Hook for Halloween. They still haven't decided who's who yet, but considering the costumes are the same size even though they are two years apart, I guess they'll figure it out the day of. Here's Peter the pumpkin:I used a #11 xacto knife on all of them. Most parts I had to free hand, because these were some thick skinned uncooperative pumpkins. I think I have fulfilled the pumpkin carving quota for the year. Peace out.
For more pumpkin photos, go HERE.

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous myra said...

You totally missed out on some mad swag. I read on giant robot that people were making off with the place mats if you stepped away from your table.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 12:15:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

You have such a unique way of carving pumpkins. I don't think I've seen it anywhere else. Going to the pumpkin patch on the last day was good, we got 2 for 1, so I got 2 small and 2 teeny-weeny pumpkins for a total of $4. I won't carve them though.

P.S. I'm sorry. : (

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 7:58:00 AM  
Blogger the slackmistress said...

I want to go to the Murakami thing but I'm afraid my husband will laugh at me.

Also, Peter Pan as kids = adorable. Just make sure they don't become this: http://www.pixyland.org/peterpan/

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 11:07:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

I love em! And next year I'm going to talk the kids into requesting some M.C. Escher pumpkins.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 11:55:00 AM  
Blogger Will said...

I love the pumpkins, and yes I will laugh at my wife so you two should go together.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 1:24:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

So that explains the cap in that cool picture below. One of the most fun costumes I ever made was Ruffio from Hook. Captain Planet was the other.

An Edward Gorey pumpkin would be cool. I just know I'd hack myself to bits with the carver. Bravo! My fave is the yo gabba gabba.

Just how many times do you have to see Keanu in person anyway?

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 2:17:00 PM  
Blogger Jesser said...

Yo punkins look fab. I especially like Julius. Hubby uses some sort of pottery tool to scrape his pumpkin's skin off. Works very nice. He did Scar from the Lion King this year.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 8:57:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Slack: Why the laughing? I don't get it.

Saturday, November 03, 2007 2:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Nicole said...

I saw the Julius pumpkin on your header and just had to scroll down to find out if you carved it yourself! All your pumpkins look great! :-)

Monday, November 05, 2007 12:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home