Sunday, October 21, 2007

Gift baskets are amazing, Phyllis. Gift baskets are... the essence of class and fanciness. They are the ultimate present a person can receive.

This weekend I drove 40 miles round trip to do a friend a favor and drop something off. And when I got there, she wasn't even there. After she assured me that I should be there at 8:30am. It wouldn't matter so much if the Kid hadn't been with me and was looking forward to it. Ugh.

My biggest pet peeve? Being unappreciated. And it's happening more and more. I think I should cut ties with everyone who makes me feel like this. Oh wait. That means I'd have no friends, I'd quit my job, I'd disown my family...

Instead, the Kid and I will make cookies for everyone who we DO like. That list is becoming few and far between, let me tell you.

Here is a picture of perfect gingerbread dough, when it rolls right out of the bowl, clean as can be. But just what are we going to do with this fine, fine, slab of dough...

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

Boooo to people who don't appreciate you!

Sunday, October 21, 2007 7:22:00 PM  
Blogger Carol Browne said...

Will you make gingerbread pumpkins? I seem to only make gingerbread at Christmas time. I just never think of it before then.

Sunday, October 21, 2007 7:28:00 PM  
Blogger the slackmistress said...

My non-hate list is growing smaller by the day. But you're on it!

Sunday, October 21, 2007 7:41:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Damn. I hope I'm on your list. Your good list. And even though it's really late, I actually wrote a thank-you card to you just yesterday that I'll mail in the morning. I do appreciate you. I certainly don't need cookies though. All of my pants seem to be shrinking!

Sunday, October 21, 2007 9:46:00 PM  
Blogger san francisco lauren said...

I appreciate you, you keep me occupied at work :D

Monday, October 22, 2007 10:54:00 AM  
Blogger Cat said...

That dough looks cool. I want to smoosh it for some reason. Nice.

Monday, October 22, 2007 12:35:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

Halloween haunted house?

I'm wanting to make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.

Actually I want to make brain cookies but I don't think I can find the recipe.

Hey, could you drive out to my house and bring me some crap?

I got TMBG tickets this afternoon...

Monday, October 22, 2007 1:34:00 PM  
Blogger xtena said...

we appreciate you!

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 10:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home