Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together - mass hysteria.

I survived Halloween. Peter Pan and Captain Hook were a smashing duo. They couldn't get enough of the trick or treating. A highlight was when someone said, "Thank you for coming by," and the Kid said, "No, THANK YOU." Ha. I couldn't stop laughing.

The Baby is still not quite grasping the concept of the whole thing. When people would open their doors he'd try and bolt inside. My brother and I spent most of the night wondering what was going through his head:

"Hey, is that Italian marble flooring, let me see that!"
"Whaddya watching?"
"What's the square footage in this joint?"
"Oh, is that meatloaf, can I have some?"

The Baby also felt the need to STAY at people's doors, once they were opened. Like he refused to leave. Especially if they had dogs. He just stood there yelling, 'Dog. DOG. DOOOGGG!!!" Yes, we get it. There is a dog there.

As for the 3.5 dozen cupcakes I made last night, most went with the kids to school and some to work. I took the old "Dirt Cake" recipe and instead made Dirt Cupcakes. Way better. Little individual bites of dirty, wormy goodness.Dirt cake/cupcakes 'how to', HERE.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

Dahahahah! I love those boys.

I'm so tagging along next year, as their hype man. "TRICK OR TREAT!" Then I'll jump out from behind them and say, "What, WHAT?" or "Oooookay" a la Lil John.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 10:57:00 PM  
Blogger Lady Librarian said...

My favourite quote so far, man, I LOVE that film.

Thursday, November 01, 2007 4:44:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Those cupcakes look disgusting! I'm sure they're good though. Glad to hear that some kids can still bring them to school!

I had kids, about the Baby's age, linger at my door too. It was cute.

Thursday, November 01, 2007 12:09:00 PM  
Anonymous myra said...

Oh man. I should have done those cupcakes!

Next year you should give the Baby a mike and have him interview people.

Thursday, November 01, 2007 1:41:00 PM  
Blogger Jesser said...

Haha. wish the'd come trick-or-treat at my house. We mostly had brats who took 5 pieces of candy and didn't say thank you. brats.

Thursday, November 01, 2007 9:17:00 PM  
Blogger the slackmistress said...

We had NO trick-or-treaters. Le sigh.

Thursday, November 01, 2007 9:39:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

My favorite was the one that came up and suddenly went "BOO!". Good one kid...good one.

Friday, November 02, 2007 3:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home