Thursday, October 18, 2007

I can't sleep at night, I toss and turn, listening for the telephone

Is it weird to eat pie for dinner, but then have the same pie for dessert? That's totally different than having two pieces of pie in one sitting, am I right?

My project is under construction, which means goodbye heels, hello workboots. Today I asked if I could climb up the scaffolding, cause I love hanging off the sides of buildings when given an opportunity. They said no problem but that it wasn't totally prepped. As the foreman was coming around the corner he said, 'you can stand anywhere but ...RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE STANDING!' Apparently they hadn't gotten around to putting up the 'caution/danger' signage yet and I found myself being held up two stories by only a thin piece of plywood. Nice.

Later that day I came back and they had put the 'hey watch out' signage up. Good thing I don't weigh more. Hm. Maybe that pie, with a side of pie and pie for dessert is not such a good idea after all....

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

I'm glad you are safe. I'd have fallen through. Damn.

Saturday, October 20, 2007 2:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home