Sunday, October 07, 2007

Michael Scott: It's important this company celebrates its diversity. And you know what, Stanley, come Kwanzaa time, I've got you covered baby.

No cooking questions, fine. The ones that were emailed to me I answered. Keep on lurking with your bad selves.

Nanette and I went to a *free* (key word here) cupcake/cookie decorating class at Williams Sonoma. (I think that's why it sucked.) I have taken a paid class there before and it was all good, a great learning experience. This thing? Not so much. It was less than basic and was just showing off their tools, most of which I own... *ahem*. Anyway, I was looking for something that'd teach me something I didn't know, or would inspire me to make something new. So I was really disappointed. I told Nanette we could probably host that class ourselves for god's sakes. Which would be awesome OR might end up like Schweaty Balls, which would also be awesome.



This is a 3 day weekend. Did you know that? I did not know that. In my entire school life I never had Columbus Day off, but my kids do now, apparently. Which means I have to take off work. Which means I don't get paid. Which means I need to think up something to do with these lil' chillins here. What am I supposed to do to celebrate Columbus Day, take stuff from Indians or eat corn or something? Who knows.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

I had no idea it was Columbus Day either until I went to do some online banking and oops...no bank tomorrow...one bill will be a day late. Crikey.

Sunday, October 07, 2007 8:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Ally said...

My boss' kids have tomorrow off too. Guess what I'll be doing? That's right, babysitting the kids at the office. Aren't I lucky? At least I don't have to work, I guess. Seriously, I'm not bitter... I just wish I had the day off... Oh! Maybe I can make some of the mini caramel apples for them...Hey, thanks!

Sunday, October 07, 2007 11:09:00 PM  
Blogger Tuesday Girl said...

I missed the class yesterday at Williams Sonoma, I was so upset. I am glad to hear it wasn't that good.

Monday, October 08, 2007 6:09:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Yeah, we could have totally taught that class. It would have been called "Cookie & Cake Decorating, SUCKAS!"

Monday, October 08, 2007 7:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Jeanie said...

How about this cooking question?

Do you have a good marinade recipe that you're willing to share in the spirit of Columbus Day?

Jeanie

Monday, October 08, 2007 3:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Jenni said...

WS actually called me Saturday afternoon to remind me about the class, but thanks to my mushy mommy mind I forgot! Just knew that would come in handy someday :)

Monday, October 08, 2007 7:11:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Jeanie - depends what you are marinating. Send me an email or leave a comment so I know what you are planning to cook.

Monday, October 08, 2007 8:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Eric said...

Really worthwhile data, much thanks for the post.
business casual women | club dress | flowy dresses

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 8:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home