Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Somebody stop me, from thinking all the time, so bleakly, so bleakly all the time

The Kid is like me, early riser, between 6 and 6:30am, no alarm. I usually hear him wake up within seconds of my own eyes opening. We are in sync like that. In the mornings we eat breakfast, just the two of us - before the Baby wakes up. Well, he eats. I usually take advil and drink water.

The other day he said, "Mommy, are you happy?" Yikes. It's like having a miniature 3 foot Dr. Phil appear at the kitchen table. I told him the truth, "Not really, I'm pretty stressed." He said, "Yeah, school stresses me out too." To which I replied, "Are you freakin' kidding me, you just finger paint and drink juice! Shut up!" I did not say that but it would have been awesome.

Things have been emo-licious around here lately. Thus the thinking about shutting down the blog, closing up shop, deleting all contacts and slinking away...There is only one thing that can fix that kind of negative thinking...

ITTY BITTY ROOT BEER. Holy crap that is awesome. I saw it at Target and it called me from the shelf. It's the cutest thing ever and just enough soda for little ol' me. I love you bitty root beer. I love you a lot. You saved my poor little emo heart.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger the slackmistress said...

IF YOU STOP BLOGGING I WILL POST YOUR NAME ON THE INTERNET.

Okay, I won't do that. But how we will know that you've been in our neighborhood a day too late if you don't blog about it?

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 9:08:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Because I will tape a note to your door that says:
"I was here. Didn't knock but saw you through the window.
xoxo,
Jenn"

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 9:11:00 PM  
Blogger The Daily Randi said...

I just Adore Itty Bitty Things! Once, I saw those Miniature Watermelon in the grocery store and I wanted to purchase Each And Everyone Of Them just because they were So Damn Cute!

xoxo,
TDR

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 10:44:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

I think I need to see you and Mini Dr. Phil and the Baby soon. I miss you guys. Plus, I can do some sort of wacky dance to cheer you up.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 11:43:00 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

I saw similar itty bitty cans at Target for Jones halloween soda. It tasted like fail, but it was cute!

Thursday, October 18, 2007 8:49:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I think you and I are in similar states of being. Sadly, I had no tiny-can positive note to end on. I'm just Debbie Downer.

Thursday, October 18, 2007 9:19:00 AM  
Blogger Jesser said...

Ugh. Sucks that you feel crappy. I really think it's going around. But that doesn't matter because you still feel crappy. What can I do to cheer you up? Hmm... we have no Trader Joes in CO and you have them aplenty in CA. See, your life is awesome!!! That sucked. Sorry.

Thursday, October 18, 2007 11:06:00 AM  
Anonymous comfortablycrazy said...

If only the mini can came in diet, too.
Here's to feeling better soon and the woderness that is an intuitive child.

Thursday, October 18, 2007 1:50:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

ok, to be serious here, my kid started off my entire life earthquake with the very same query. you have bits, pieces and chunks of the fallout and smidges of the epilogue. but I know now it was not not going to happen and probably should have happened sooner.

ok, so do I win for downer? what do I get?

p.s. you'd better not delete me. it would make me very sad.

Thursday, October 18, 2007 1:52:00 PM  
Anonymous HoneybeeSF said...

Don't you DARE shut down this blog... I adore it! Keep on being you. Momma said they'd be days like this...

Thursday, October 18, 2007 4:12:00 PM  
Blogger Yum-e said...

xoxo,
c.beans

ps. I think if you shut down this blog - it'll be like taking cocaine from a drug addict. I would advise against it. :) too many adoring fans...c'mon, nomination for "hottest mommy blogger"???

Saturday, October 27, 2007 5:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home