Thursday, October 04, 2007

TUNA. He's got a totally cool job. He's rich. He smells like what I think Pierce Brosnan would smell like...

I've had a rough week. Migraines. Vomiting. Ach-i-ness. Then I thought I pulled something when I was lifting heavy stone at work. Yes. I lift heavy stone at work. It's like the motherf*ing Flintstones up in here. Then, I drove 90 miles yesterday...but I ended up eating homemade biscotti at an Italian stone makers shop. So yeah, that part? Worth it.

Basically this week's Office hit very close to home. Ageism IS a bitch. Why just this morning I told the assistant, "Well, we're probably around the same age, right?" And she said, "Oh yeah, totally, I'm 24!" I spit up my water and nearly choked. 24? Ha! Reedickulous. Someone kill me.

Also, I gotta agree with Michael. I love me a good gift basket. You should see our employees run when free crap rolls through the door. At my old job the best we got was a hideous metal tub-o' 3-flavored popcorn. This job? It's all about the bling, baby. Who loves us more? Gourmet cupcakes. Catered lunches. Fresh scones. Our reps want to buy our love and goddamit we are going to let them.

I love these hour Office episodes. Screw you, half hour comedies. I wish this one hour thing would go on forever.

p.s. don't get me started on how great 30 Rock was. Best show on tv. But don't tell the Office. It'll think I'm cheating on it.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger deanna said...

I loved Andy's quote "You're so money and you don't even know it.....but you do know it!"

Friday, October 05, 2007 6:06:00 AM  
Blogger Keely said...

I'm right there with you on the crap week. Hope you're feeling better and the weekend is good. :)

Friday, October 05, 2007 6:26:00 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Finally slinking out of lurkitude to say "word" re "30 Rock." I've been a fan of "The Office" since the beginning, but by the end of last season I realized that on Thursday night I was looking forward to "30 Rock" more (and it wasn't just because I have a sad, twisted tv crush on Alec Baldwin and probably on Tina Fey, too, if I dug deeply enough). I felt sneaky and dirty. Anyway, word.

p.s. your blog is consistently awesome.

Friday, October 05, 2007 7:49:00 AM  
Blogger san francisco lauren said...

oh my god are you kidding me? I loved that wedding dress :D

Friday, October 05, 2007 10:49:00 AM  
Anonymous Daddy Dan said...

I agree. The Office needs to be permanently expanded to an hour. I'm going to feel so cheated when it goes back to half an hour.

Friday, October 05, 2007 12:36:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

We only get stuff in December, but it's usually a few of the tins of three kinds of popcorn (I like the caramel), multiple huge boxes of See's candies (we usually hide a couple to break out in Feb. or March), and baked goods from Mrs. Beasley's. Something to look forward to.

Saturday, October 06, 2007 8:16:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

That 24 year old assistant thing made me laugh on a different level; because you are the pup to me and the assistant is an amoeba.

I turned 40 on monday and on thursday the Office proclaimed me old. And I had just dyed my hair and asked if they were going to stock red bull in the vending machine. What are the chances?

Saturday, October 06, 2007 10:34:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

30 Rock was awesome this week. And I'm starting to feel old amongst my office mates, too.

Saturday, October 06, 2007 1:47:00 PM  
Blogger Suzel's Sass said...

Just remember "a computer will try to murder you in a lake". Love my Michael!!

Saturday, October 06, 2007 5:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home