Monday, October 15, 2007

Who's gonna do my banking? Who's gonna write my blog? Who's gonna do my cooking on taco Wednesdays?

Tip of the day: Don't take a kid to a restaurant with a prominent bar. When asked what he wants to drink, he will inevitably point to the graphic alcohol menu and say, "I want the VOLCANO."

Did you know that I vacuum, everyday? And scrub the kitchen floor, everyday? And do laundry, EVERY DAMN DAY? So why does my house still look like a nightmare? I am exhausted.

Maybe it's this weather. I've longed for this weather all year, that fall crispness, the 'cold' (for now) of the low 50s. I love it. But it makes me lazy. I have so much to do, but sooo....layyzayyy.

Since the weather is colder I can turn my attention back to warming up the kitchen. Today - chicken chili. Here comes the lazy, I used a roasted chicken from the store, so easy! Yes, it's half cheating since I bought the chicken pre-roasted, but Rachael Ray, I am not. I mean, would I wear eyeliner that dark? Seriously what the f with her face? I mean, I love Joy Division too, but damn.

Chicken Chili recipe, here.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jesser said...

I don't scrub the kitchen floor do laundry or vacuum every day and my house still looks like a wreck AND I'm exhausted. So kudos for you. You're miles ahead of me. I did make two dinners, though. One for tonight and one for tomorrow night. Maybe I'll scrub the kitchen floor tomorrow night. Bob knows it needs it.

Monday, October 15, 2007 8:36:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

You are nuts, woman! ;)

Monday, October 15, 2007 9:33:00 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

I'm thankful to hear I'm not the only one obsessed with my floors. Yes, it's an obsession.

As for Rachael Ray, I think she's become Jokerized. Have you seen how wide her smile is?? She just needs some white face makeup, overextend her lipstick past her natural lipline, dye her hair green and TAH DAH! The Joker! She even has the laugh down pat.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 6:40:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I hate this weather. Bland, grey icky skies. Eep. I actually just confessed to two friends that even though my mother-in-law stayed at our house for one night this past weekend, I had not dusted and only vacuumed her room. I did clean the bathroom (that's just gross not to) and picked up all of the clutter. I do vacuum occasionally...when the dog hair gets too deep...but I hadn't dusted since February and that is no joke. And I don't even have kids, so I have no excuses. Except for the rain Friday night. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 6:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home