Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I have only one burning desire, let me stand next to your fire

Tonight I shook the hand of one Mr. Gordon Ramsay. Yes, my Celebrity Chef stalking continues. Nanette, Jodi and I were out in the 90210 tonight. It was like a Brenda/Kelly/Donna reunion. (Not at all and if you're under 30 you won't even get that reference so let's move on.)

The Paley Center for Media, (MTR to me) was having a panel tonight showcasing Hell's Kitchen and Kitchen Nightmares. Basically a Gordon Ramsay lovefest. I have been a big fan of his BBC Kitchen Nightmares since the beginning, so it was HUGE for me to get to hear him speak. Believe it or not, he was not an asshole. He was kind, funny and extremely charming. The man has a passion for food and it shows.
While there were many - my favorite anecdote of the night was when someone asked what his best meal in Los Angeles was. He said he loved AOC, Sona, Cut and hasn't had a bad meal in L.A. yet. His favorite though? In and Out Burgers. He said, 'you have to get it animal style, and by that I don't mean take you from behind.' Nice.

It was a great night out with the girls, yet I am convinced that now people are just inviting me out so that they have something to post for NaBloPoMo. After November 30th, I think I will be begging for dates.

Here's video of a much calmer Gordon Ramsay than we are used to, making the Perfect Scrambled Egg.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

I purposely didn't post about this because I knew you and Nanners would! I'll go out with you in the other 11 months too.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 12:25:00 AM  
Blogger Jesser said...

Hey Hey Hey. I'm 28 and I fully get the 90210 reference. Let's not besmirch the cultural (does that show count as cultural!?) intelligence of Gen Y, mmmkay? ;)

PS. Which one are you???!?

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 6:45:00 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

Popping over from Nanette's blog just to say..I'm so jealous! I love Ramsay. How cool you got to meet him.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 7:17:00 AM  
Blogger dapotato said...

visiting via nanners' blog. i am 26, and i get the 90210 ref. ;P.

anyway, sounds like an awesome night out!

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 7:34:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Your recap is much better than mine! :)

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 8:14:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I too must chime in to say that 90210 references apply to people under 30. Sounds like a fun time.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 8:54:00 AM  
Blogger ke said...

I too am a celebrity chef stalker I must admit. Meeting Gordon Ramsay must have been fantastic! I just want to hear him curse in person.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 11:02:00 AM  
Anonymous comfortablycrazy said...

I agree with Jesser. I'm a month short of 29 and I want the box set of 90210. I was that into it.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 5:00:00 PM  
Anonymous mayieve said...

Lucky you!

(I'm 20 and I loved that show :P)

Thursday, November 22, 2007 5:30:00 AM  
Blogger wan-nabe said...

i love gordon even more now after that "animal style" comment. truly.

Monday, November 26, 2007 6:35:00 PM  
Blogger Calcium Glitter said...

That man is one hot piece, he burnt his..umm how do I say this delicately...SACK cooking and had to go to the emergency room not too long ago.

Please don't ask me how I know this.

Thursday, November 29, 2007 1:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home