Sunday, November 18, 2007

Jack: Never go with a hippie to a second location.*

For having no plans, this somehow turned into My So-Called Hipster Weekend. On Saturday Nanette and I decided to go to the Gama Go sample sale in Los Feliz. I am a big fan of Tim Biskup, so I was excited to see what they had. See is the operative word here, as the sale was held at the Bigfoot Lounge and well, it's a bar, and there are no lights. NO LIGHTS. At one point I couldn't even find Nanette and I just wandered behind people holding their cell phones to get us out of what may have been a dank mine shaft, I have no idea.

I got a bunch of cute gifts for friends, but my fave of all was this hoodie -

- Two words, NINJA KITTY!! Orange isn't usually my color but I loved the embroidery on this thing. And since it was 75% off I was even more in love. Not so good is the fact that the supposed 'large' is snug to say the least. The fit is fine except for the boobage area. Sad.

Sunday I decided at the last minute to go to Felt Club, seeing as how Jodi was representin' at the Maker Faire. I was kind of shocked when I was walking around, at the amount of people I knew there. Internet friends, people who sell my stuff, and friends I hadn't seen in like ten years. It was crazy. Wasn't really expecting that.

All in all it was a good weekend. Now I'm off to schedule a breast reduction so that I can get into my new hoodie. Stupid boobs.

*Yes, I know hippies and hipsters are different beings, but I love that quote and I can't stop saying it.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

So much Fun! I had plans to check out Gama Go at Big Foot but my partner in crime was a bit under the weather and we both decided that she needed to rest up so Felt Club wouldn't be a bust as well. We were both baby free and having a blast at Felt Club to bad DJ Lance Rock didn't wear his orange outfit.

Monday, November 19, 2007 7:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Lisa said...

I'm so getting myself a breast reduction surgery for my 30th birthday. I need two sports bras just to work out, because all the movement just scares me.

Monday, November 19, 2007 10:48:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

I've known a few people who've had reductions and loved them. I know one woman who has had to have reconstructive surgery twice and has no feeling (or nipple to feel it with) and another woman who developed back pain and restless leg syndrome after.

-go on, do the Debbie Downer music.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 2:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home