Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Look at the size of that boy's head. It's like an orange on a toothpick.

No, crazies. Those are not sheets. It's a purse bag. A bag for your purse. Stupid, I know, it's supposed to protect it, ugh, nevermind. More on that later.

So did you know that in L.A. we have Water Police? It's true. They will f*ck you up if you leave your sprinklers on, big time. Well, not really. They just 'counsel' you. I'd rather they pull guns on your while you watered your lawn. "PUT DOWN THE HOSE AND BACK AWAY SLOWLY." That'd be way more awesome than advice.

I'm just stalling. Here's what's in the box. I'd been searching for a purse, The Purse, for some time. Requirements? I wanted it BIG. This one - it's...big. Bigger than my head, and I have a huge noggin. Also it was extremely hard to pick such a bright color, because I love black so much. However, seeing as how my entire wardrobe is Sexy Funeral, I thought a bright red purse would stand out and match nicely with all my black dresses and heels. And it does - I'm glad I went out on a limb against my gut feeling.

I love Kate Spade purses because I shun the 'noisy' ones. I am also a freak about structure and her purses are clean, functional and will last for years and years. Also they will not break your back, they are so lightweight. The other detail that drew me was the 'spaghetti' bag straps, strands of straps pieced together. When I bought the bag, I was in the brand new week old Waikiki store. That is fate. They open my favorite store, WHILE I am there on vacation??

KS salesgirl: "Are you in our system?"
Jenn: "Er...uh. *sigh* Uh, I'm sure of it."
KS salesgirl: "Really, what other stores of ours do you frequent?"
Jenn: "Online. New York. Los Angeles...Vegas..."

Yikes. How embarrassing. Fate again? When I went to pay I found out that the purse was 20% off, that day only. FATE.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger xtena said...

i love it, esp the 20% off.
i've been using my KS bag for at least 3 yrs now

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 9:35:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Gasp! Is that the bag you had with you this weekend? I had to keep far away from you because I was afraid of getting my drool on the gorgeous red leather!

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 10:26:00 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

lucky girl! very nice.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 11:29:00 PM  
Blogger Yvett said...

Nice! Oh, and you had me laughing at "sexy funeral". Now I know what to say when my mom tells me I always look like I'm going to a funeral. LOL!

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 7:20:00 AM  
Blogger J said...

I wanna see photos of the other KS bags!

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 7:20:00 AM  
Blogger SAJ said...

Pretty AND light! But you have to admit Kate Spade sheets would have been pretty cool. Does she make sheets? If not, I'm sure it's only a matter of time...

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 7:53:00 AM  
Blogger mamafabun said...

I thoroughly enjoy reading your blog. That is all.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 9:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Jeanie said...

Aw, shoot! I just bought a new purse, too, and I went with sexy funeral. I just couldn't bring myself to get a purse of color.

Maybe next time. I probably need a 12-step program to help me out of the black or brown purse rut I am in, though, but I am GLAD that you made the leap! And on SALE, too?!

Jeanie

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 10:28:00 AM  
Blogger Cat said...

Gorgeous! And the fact that it was serendipity makes it all the better.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 10:29:00 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Sigh. I love. Must resist the urge to get myself one, because mommy needs new lenses.

Thursday, November 15, 2007 4:43:00 AM  
Blogger Suzel's Sass said...

Wow, will you be my best friend? I will let you borrow, well let you borrow anything you'd like, if you'd let me borrow your purse.

Thursday, November 15, 2007 12:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home