Monday, November 26, 2007

My precious

Four days wasn't enough, I took today off too. But only because I got 2.5 hours of sleep last night, so I called in cranktastic rather than sick.

Not only that, I think I might have a sty eye, and the only home remedy I can find on the net is to rub a gold ring on my eye. My name is not Frodo, I do not have a gold ring.

With my one eye I have been drawing up a new comic, watching Project Runway and doing a ton of online window shopping. The rest of my day's agenda includes eating Cool Ranch Doritos, designing my holiday cards, and oh screw it, I'm just gonna nap.

The Kid asked for one thing today, and that is - he wants salmon for dinner. I can easily oblige, as this recipe is quick and simple. I don't recommend making it with one eye, though.


Teriyaki Salmon recipe, HERE.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Dude! I have a Lord of the Rings gold ring! THE ONE RING TO RULE THEM ALL!!! I swear. Okay, it's just a knock-off and probably not really gold, but I'm willing to let you borrow it. Just wash it off after rubbing it on your eye, will ya?

Monday, November 26, 2007 5:02:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

That little container next to the salmon looks like it's shaped as the Alfred E. Neuman guy from MAD magazine. Is it supposed to be anything?

Monday, November 26, 2007 10:39:00 PM  
Blogger Yvett said...

Jenn, I grew up with crazy Mexican grandmas and for a sty they would say to rub a green chili on it, to rub a cat's tail on it, I even heard that you're supposed to rub your spouse's dirty underwear on it. Eww. I doubt that any of those will help, but hey, at least now you know more home remedies.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 7:42:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Er. I think dirty underwear on it would GIVE you a sty. Barfcity.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 4:12:00 PM  
Anonymous KQ said...

Well... I'm in the eyeball business, so I'd like to help. Your alternative therapy #2 is actually what we recommend! But: I have an alternative-alternative to their warm compress suggestion. Take a (clean!) sock, put some dry beans or rice in the toe of the sock, and tie it off. Warm it up in the microwave - very warm, but not hot enough to smoke or burn your skin! The grains hold the heat and are not so sloppy as a wet cloth. The important thing: leave it on your eye for at least ten minutes. The stye will either go away, or come to a head and drain. Good luck!

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 9:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Joann said...

I love your plates with all the little compartments - I think it would help me to make more balanced meals for my kids. Is storage a problem? They seem like they would take up a lot of space.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 9:21:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

KQ: I used baked beans, but now I just want bbq chicken to go with it.

Joann:
They don't take up that much space, they stack on top of regular plates just fine!

ALL:
The sty is gone. I don't think it was a sty afterall, I think I just had PUFFY EYE. Whatever that is.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 9:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home