Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Pop-locking

For those of you who said you come here for the tales of woe...

I hate when my phone rings. That can only mean trouble. It's always that dreaded number: "KIDS SCHOOL"and it's never 'Hey your kid has straight A's, yay you!'. Or, 'Just calling to say you are an awesome parent!' Ugh. No. It's always bad news. The other day it rang, as I reluctantly picked it up I actually winced. Is there such a thing as a phone wince?

Jenn: "...er, hello?"
School
: "We think the Baby broke his arm!"

Jenn
: "SIGH."


So off I went to assess the situation. Yeah, something was wrong. I rushed him to the doctor (thank god we didn't have to go to the ER, THIS time.) Turns out he...popped his elbow out. BLLAARRGGHH! God, that is so disgusting. I have never broken anything. I doubt I ever will, as I am neither adventurous nor clumsy. This kid is only two and so his elbow is only yay big. The doctor said it had popped back in by itself (ew) which is good cause she usually has to pop it back in for them (double ew.)

To my horror, she said it's fairly normal in little kids, and that this will most likely happen again. Which only makes me think of Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon, and that this will be some sort of parlour trick the Baby pulls out at parties.

Now I don't want to touch him. I look at him like a little doll. I don't want to swing him, or pick him up or help him up the stairs. What if his arm f*ing pulls right off like Raggedy Andy?? I.WILL.FREAK.

And now the poor little Baby - who speaks volumes lately - is going around saying, "My elbos pop out. My elbos pop out." Sick. I phone wince everytime.

*contest still open*

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

Eeeeeek! Poor lil' guy. :(

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 9:22:00 PM  
Blogger Calcium Glitter said...

When I was a kid I was all frail and I had something called Nurses Elbow or Maids Elbow or something weird like that and my arm came out of the socket like 3 times, get that boy drinking some pediasure and he'll be alright.

Thursday, November 29, 2007 12:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Spider said...

Well look on the bright side. The kid could be terrified to move after something like that...instead he's going around telling people like it's cool. :)

Thursday, November 29, 2007 5:07:00 AM  
Blogger Lissete said...

Poor baby! You know, I have never broken anything either and neither have my kids. Then again, I have girls. My brothers on the other hand...

Thursday, November 29, 2007 6:31:00 AM  
Anonymous doahleigh said...

My sister's elbow used to pop out on a regular basis when she was a kid. My dad was usually the one to pop it back it. It was gross. But it looks like you better learn this little talent. Have fun!

Thursday, November 29, 2007 7:01:00 AM  
Anonymous cc said...

On the upside, at least it didn't require a cast.

Thursday, November 29, 2007 8:58:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I have a feeling this is the first in a long line of freaky injuries for the little bruiser. I'm sure he'll be just fine.

Thursday, November 29, 2007 11:01:00 AM  
Anonymous myra said...

And here I was freaking out about teeth falling out. Elbows takes it to a whole new level.

Thursday, November 29, 2007 11:35:00 AM  
Anonymous myra said...

PS You really are such an awesome parent and I will call you one day to tell you that (and beg for cookies).

Thursday, November 29, 2007 11:37:00 AM  
Blogger Will said...

He's a regular Alphonso Ribero, that baby.

Thursday, November 29, 2007 4:45:00 PM  
Blogger the slackmistress said...

Hey, he's got two elbows, so you can break one and he's still got a leftover!

Thursday, November 29, 2007 10:55:00 PM  
Blogger dee said...

yikes.

on the other hand, hey, cool party tricks.

Friday, November 30, 2007 12:07:00 PM  
Blogger mamafabun said...

That must have been frightening! I'm glad he's feeling well now.

Saturday, December 01, 2007 9:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home