Friday, November 30, 2007

We all know that people are the same where ever we go
There is good and bad in everyone,

Every year I subscribe to "12 Days of Cookies" or whatever it's called and it's always a disappointment. I look at the cookies they chose and I'm like, BLERGH. Last year Nanette and I had a fantastic cookie exchange with a bunch of baker friends - unfortunately this year there's just no time. December is a sneaky bastard. Seems all of our days are booked up already.

If I were to do it this year I think I'd bring my favorite, the good ol' Black and White cookie. God I love those, and they last me a while cause they are usually bigger than my head. And I have a big ass head.That's why I like to make mini ones. Anything mini is fan-freakin-tastic. These are no exception. I made a bunch of these for the Best Shower Ever, in pink, and the recipe has never failed me or my tastebuds. Mini Black and White cookie recipe, here.

While I'm sad that there's no cookie exchange, I still love to hear about other people's fave eats. So, like a virtual cookie exchange - what is a cookie that is your standby tried and true recipe? Or if you don't bake, what is your favorite cookie? Man I'm hungry for cookies now...

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Lissete said...

I also get the 12 Days of Cookies thing and so far out of three I only like the Florentines. My favorite cookie that I usually only make for holidays is a cranberry, white chocolate cookie. I use the dried orange cranberries. Yum! I'll try to post the recipe soon.

Saturday, December 01, 2007 7:29:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I think I'm a one-note cookie baker! That winning recipe served me well last year, so it's probably all I'll make again, if that. I'm actually contemplating making some homemade flavored marshmallows this year.

Saturday, December 01, 2007 9:04:00 AM  
Blogger Island Mummy said...

We always make iced sugar cookies in Holiday shapes. Iced and decorated with sprinkles and stuff - yum!
Also some lovely Swedish ginger cookies.

Saturday, December 01, 2007 10:55:00 AM  
Blogger クリスタル said...

When I lived in Denver there was this resturant called New York Deli News that was super yummy. Had HUGE sandwiches and I think even bigger black&white cookies. I am hooked on them. They are for sure my favorite cookie. I had never even heard of them till I moved to Denver. Ours was huge and sort of cake-like thick cookie.

Saturday, December 01, 2007 11:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Dawn said...

I had the same thoughts about the 12 Days of Cookies thing. I haven't seen one yet that I'd want to make.

I think my good ol' standby is oatmeal-butterscotch.

Saturday, December 01, 2007 4:57:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

I'm sad we aren't doing our cookie exchange. Maybe we should try for sometime in January! :)

Saturday, December 01, 2007 9:05:00 PM  
Blogger mamafabun said...

I enjoy decorating sugar cookies but my favorite cookies to eat are most definitely ginger molasses cookies. Soft and spicy. Mm...

Saturday, December 01, 2007 9:38:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I drooled a little. Thanks for this.

Sunday, December 02, 2007 7:54:00 AM  
Blogger Jesser said...

I couldn't pick a favorite cookie. Last year we made oatmeal ones with craisins and white chocolate chips. Those were great. This year I'm thinking of doing home made ginger snaps cuz baby girl really liked the ones from the store...

Sunday, December 02, 2007 4:28:00 PM  
Blogger The Daily Randi said...

OMG, I LOOOOOOOOVE Black and Whites!!!

Yo, Jenn, this is A New York Thing.

I bet yours are GOOOOOD, too.

xoxo,
TDR

Sunday, December 02, 2007 10:19:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I personally like sugar cookies, sliced from the tube. BUT I do actually bake and my favorite are my friend's molases cookies. They are like ginger cookies only really chewy. I look forward to those every Christmas. I'll probably link to a recipe in my blog this month

Monday, December 03, 2007 11:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Randolf said...

It won't truly have success, I believe so.
antibiotics list | car antenna | Auctions in PA

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 2:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home