Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Brown eyed girl

Guess what I did today? Hung out with a guy who took a pair of tweezers and PULLED MY EYELASHES OUT. Yup. Let me give you a little backstory. My left eye started hurting about a week ago. I thought nothing of it. Monday morning the firey pain was too much to bear, so much that I had to pull my car to the side of the road because I could no longer see. After a visit to the ER, I was diagnosed as having a corneal abrasion. No that's not a Thanksgiving sidedish, it's where your cornea is scratched and infected.

Leading me to the visit with the opthamologist today who said, "Did you know that some of your eyelashes grow backwards??" Yes, I knew that. Ever since I was 15 and went for my first pair of glasses. It never botherered me much. Now and again I'd have to pull one out. But today he took the world's longest sharpest tweezers and pulled them out one by one. Pain? Hell yes. He said the backwards-ness is hereditary (no one in my family has this) and common in asians. Lovely.

He also....wait for it...pulled off part of my cornea that was scratched and hanging there. Go ahead. Vomit. I wanted to. Thank god he didn't tell me til afterwards. No I do not have a sexy eyepatch, please stop asking.

I wonder if I will have to visit him every week to see what's up and hey by the way can you pull some of my eyelashes out here's a check okay thanks? Let's think of happier things...

Gift Ideas for Women:

1. Orchid drop pendant - Frank Gehry for Tiffanys $150
My friend gave me a gift card for being in her wedding and I've been holding onto it for just the right thing. This was it. Whenever I wear it I get nothing but compliments. This is a stunning pendant at a reasonable price.


2. Pomegranate Spa Set - Murad $35
I love Murad products. Especially their pomegranate line, which is great for all skin types. Right now they have this spa set only for the holidays. Visit their spa too, if you want the ultimate gift!

3. Conair Ionshine Hairdryer - Target $19.29 and
Hair care organizer - Container Store $9.99
This hairdryer is cheap and man does it do the business! My hair never looked so fantastic! Even under a hard hat for hours, my hair still looks fabulous. I LOVE THIS HAIRDRYER. Now, the secondary thing, you may think that a hairdryer organizer is stupid and useless. I thought the same thing but I was fed up with cords, and my brushes lying everywhere. This is quite possibly the best thing I have ever bought. Seriously.


4. Cupcake wallet - Queen Bee $27
Queen Bee has the cutest stitched vinyl and fabric bags and accessories. I have been eyeing their items for some time now. And mmm...cupcakes.


5. 16 Baby Brownies - Fat Witch, Chelsea Market $25.85
I know, I know, I never shut up about these things. SO much so that a fan of this blog actually bought some and had them shipped to me. Thank you kind stranger! (Those Java Witches were gone in a day...)

Jenn's Women Pick:

TweezermanTweezers
- amazon $20
Ok, it's oddly fitting that this is my pick and yet I wrote it before the "Eyeball Incident of 2007". Tweezerman tweezers are the best tweezers on earth. They really are. Sharp, precise, and the best part ever, is that if they ever dull, you can send them back to the company and they will sharpen them for free. FOR FREE, I said. So you can pull your eyelashes out to your heart's content. Ugh. I feel woozy.

I know you're getting sick of these, don't worry. Last gift list tomorrow: Gift Ideas for the one who has everything!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!

Wednesday, December 05, 2007 9:30:00 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

yes...ouch!

Wednesday, December 05, 2007 9:55:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Throwing up a little...again...yikes. I feel for you. Maybe I don't know much about tweezers, but do you really want them sharp? Especially if you are going so close to the eye?

Wednesday, December 05, 2007 10:05:00 PM  
Blogger APlanet4Creation said...

OW!!! Now my eye is twitching and bugging me. Sorry you had to go through that.

Thursday, December 06, 2007 6:32:00 AM  
Blogger Cat said...

I like your gift guides, but I couldn't even see straight reading this one after the eye incident. *shudder*

Thursday, December 06, 2007 6:37:00 PM  
Blogger shiz said...

I feel your pain. My right lower lashes also grow inward, and I have to pluck about half of them. I'm pretty pain tolerant (especially when it comes to hair removal) but this is one that makes even me tear up!

Sunday, December 09, 2007 8:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home