Saturday, December 29, 2007

Daddy, I got asthma! Take some Robitussin! I got cancer! Here, Robitussin! Daddy, I broke my leg! Put some Robitussin on it, let the it sink in there.

That so called tiny cold I had, turned into the straight up flu from hell. I couldn't even walk or stand up, I was in so much pain. Today is my first day out of bed and first attempt to eat something. I just lived off of Robitussin for the past two days. Man, that thing hit me like mack truck.

I dreamt of food, I was so hungry. Mostly, I had a craving for tortilla soup. So first thing, I made up a big potful, and got carried away and made some quesadillas for the boys. It tasted sooo good. The soft tortillas in the soup and the crunchy ones on top. Yum. Then again anything tastes better than Robitussin with an orange juice chaser.

Tortilla Soup recipe, HERE.
*scratch what I said. After I wrote this post I feel woozy, and ready to pass out. Back to bed. Again.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

YIKES! Glad you're better now!

Saturday, December 29, 2007 9:37:00 AM  
Blogger Annika said...

Wow, that looks so incredibly good!

Saturday, December 29, 2007 1:21:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I am in awe of you. You climb out of your death bed and whip up some homemade soup. Eric has been begging me to make my mom's chicken tortilla soup for weeks now, but I've been putting it off because it is such an "ordeal" for me. I bow to you.

Saturday, December 29, 2007 4:14:00 PM  
Blogger The Daily Randi said...

Just Jenn,

I have been Bed Ridden with a "Tiny Cold," too!

Hope you feel Better, soon!

xoxo,
TDR

Saturday, December 29, 2007 9:34:00 PM  
Blogger LLD said...

Sorry your not feeling well.

The Tortilla soup sounds delicious, I can't wait to try the recipe!

Sunday, December 30, 2007 2:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home