Sunday, December 02, 2007

Whose cuisine will reign supreme?

This weekend was all about gifts. I wrapped and wrapped til I could wrap no more. Then I packaged up little treats for the kid's school friends (read about it HERE). Also I spent the weekend surfing the net for gifts. For myself. HA. I was supposed to be looking for other people, but what can I say. Anyway, I compiled quite a list in the end. So I put together a bunch of lists in case you were looking for unique gift items too. First up,

Gifts ideas for the Foodie:

1. Personalized mini spatulas - Williams Sonoma $14
You know I love anything personalized and everything mini. I have a set of these (not personalized) and they are very useful. They come in a bunch of colors too and I suppose the personalization part comes in handy if you loan it out and then you can say, "Give me back my spatulas, bitch!" Or something.


2. Apple slicer - MOMA store $38
I am ridiculous when it comes to kitchenware. While I won't buy just any gadget, I will buy things that are designed well and useful. If only you knew how many damn apples I peel around here. My kids could eat an orchard. I like the idea of this. It's clean and minimal. My two favorite things.


3. Hot Chocolate Cups - Crate and Barrel $2.95 - $4.95
When I saw these I did a double take. The fact that they look like paper cups but are made of porcelain made me giddy. I am weird like that. These cups are too cute and paired with a little tin of cocoa would make a great inexpensive gift.

4. Peanut Butter & Jelly gift set - Peanut Butter & Co./WS $36
Peanut Butter & Co. is a little store in NYC that serves up America's favorite sandwich. This is a great gift set because it's something different than the boring old gift basket.


5. Everyday Food magazine - Martha Stewart $12 (65% off)
I can't tell you how much I adore this magazine. The recipes are simple, they photograph the steps (hello, familiar) and it's in a small compact format. Gift subscriptions to magazines are great for a gift that gives all year round.

Jenn's "foodie" pick:

Donut Maker - Williams Sonoma $49
Oh crap, this is fantastic. I have a donut baking pan, and I keep meaning to put it to use again, but it's a pain in the ass. This thing is like a waffle maker, but 100 times better. 100 times better because donuts come out of it. God, how I want this. I hope Santa knows I've been a good girl.

While today was all about the kitchen, the next list will be Gift Ideas for Kids. But for now, I dream of donuts...

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger mamafabun said...

Fun stuff! I did the same thing when I saw the hot chocolate cups in person. "No, but look... They look like paper!!"

Sunday, December 02, 2007 10:44:00 PM  
Blogger Jen14221 said...

Great stuff. I would like the donut maker but then I would find excuses to make donuts all damn day long, like donuts filled with ham and cheese, pizza sauce and mozzarella, steak, bacon, etc so that I could eat donuts AT EVERY MEAL. And then I could weigh 300 pounds and make my husband REALLY happy.

Monday, December 03, 2007 6:43:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

WOW! Those are all awesome!

Monday, December 03, 2007 12:19:00 PM  
Blogger Jami said...

Jenn, you'd know this if anyone would: I'm actually planning to make homemade hot chocolate mix for the kiddos' teachers/day care providers, but I don't know where to find cute, inexpensive tins (and/or liner bags) to put it in. Any ideas? Target was a no-go - they had a few tins, but all were ginormous. I'm thinking 1 1/2 - 2C quantity.

Monday, December 03, 2007 1:06:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Personally I LOVE tiny paint cans. I use them for all sorts of storage/gifts, etc. You can find them here at the Container Store:

http://tinyurl.com/2uro4u

Only $1.49 - $2.99!

Monday, December 03, 2007 8:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have t add, Cook's Illustrated to your most fab list. Great recipes and awesome explanations of why things were done. Who doesn't need that?

Tuesday, December 04, 2007 7:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home