Sunday, December 09, 2007

Holidaze

I know a lot of people are very bah-humbug lately, but for me, this weekend was very Christmas-y. In years past I have busted my ass hand making 80+ holiday cards. It was always pictures of the boys, hand cut into circles, folded, glued and turned into ornaments and mailed. (See the nightmare, here.) While I loved how they turned out, it usually takes me weeks. This year, change of strategy. While the card is still 3D and still features the boys, now there is only cutting and I am making the receiver do the work. I even drew a diagram so they know what to do:

Then I baked two dozen cupcakes. I wanted to do something FANTASTIC, but it always goes unappreciated, so I said screw it. Basically I made the Elmo cupcakes, but just stuck candy canes on top. Don't get me started on my candy cane nightmare.

Finally, I have a potluck this week, and they specifically said NO BAKED GOODS. The hell kind of nazi potluck is this? Anyway, now I am stuck. Anyone have any ideas for savory foods to make? I should bring meat cupcakes, just to stick it to them.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Hey, you'll be proud of me. I shopped for my "Holiday Secret Pal" this weekend and dressed up festive (black velvet skirt) for a very Christmas-y party that had hired carolers and the works. I didn't even cringe.

Sunday, December 09, 2007 10:48:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

I would give you more props if you dressed 'festive' in full ELF regalia.

Sunday, December 09, 2007 10:54:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

D'oh.

Sunday, December 09, 2007 10:56:00 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

holy crap, are you going to get a lot of hits from people Googling "meat cupcakes." Even tho I'm not exactly sure if that's a euphemism for anything.

Sunday, December 09, 2007 11:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Spider said...

I would totally go with the meat cupcakes...just make meatloaf in a muffin tin...it would be a riot...

Monday, December 10, 2007 4:32:00 AM  
Blogger deanna said...

Seriously, you should make something similar to what Tiffani won with in the Top Chef Christmas Special, little puff pastries with meat. She used veal, but I think it would be really good with ground beef.

Monday, December 10, 2007 7:08:00 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Anything in phyllo usually wins my heart. I did a brie in phyllo with fig jam a few weeks ago and it was divine. Flakey shell? check. Warm gooey cheese? check. Yummy sweet figs? check. Giant glass of champagne? Of course. Hmmm, you could just bring liquor...

Monday, December 10, 2007 7:36:00 AM  
Blogger Lissete said...

The hell kind of nazi potluck is this?

LOL! I agree 100%! I'll take baked goods over food any day!

Monday, December 10, 2007 12:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home