Thursday, December 13, 2007

I wish I was a little bit taller, I wish I was a baller

So this stupid potluck is killing me. The no desserts issue was the least of my problems. None of the girls in the office are over 100 pounds. They all wince over the thought of eating anything with fat in it, and so my options are limited. But when it comes to parties, and holidays and food, what can you do? So I just said screw it, and made the old standby, Little Smokies. I don't feel like putting much work into this and I don't feel like bringing carrot sticks.

Late at night, the kids are asleep, I am alone, and I can finally relax. You know, get things done. Clean up the house. Then I see this and...

What the?? Let's take a closer look:

That - is a BALL jammed into the neck of my water bottle! How it even got past the first rung, I don't know. Man, the Arrowhead guy is gonna be pissed. *grumble*

Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I knew a good looking plumber, I would call her.

-myra

Thursday, December 13, 2007 11:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Spider said...

Drill a small hole in the ball, and then use a corkscrew, maybe grease the neck with a little vaseline...it might work...I was a big MacGyver fan :)

Friday, December 14, 2007 4:42:00 AM  
Blogger Lissete said...

If I can't have sweets, Lil' Smokies are the next best thing! I've only made them in the oven though. Using the crockpit would make it waaaay easier. Does the bacon crisp in the cp?

Friday, December 14, 2007 5:59:00 AM  
Blogger bubbie said...

I have to say, that sounds like a lame ass potluck. Who doesn't want desserts at a potluck? That's always the one thing I look for at potlucks. I feel for you. The girls you work with need to learn how to eat. They don't know what they're missing.

Friday, December 14, 2007 6:22:00 AM  
Blogger deanna said...

I wish I had a girl who looked good I would call her
I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat and a '64 Impala........great now I'm gonna have Skee-Lo in my head all day!

Friday, December 14, 2007 6:46:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

I'm with Deanna. Figuratively, not literally.

Friday, December 14, 2007 11:46:00 AM  
Anonymous KarenScraps said...

Still love your circling-the-drain stories once again. I wish I could share the story about my kiddo last night. Let's just say I cleared out the coffee area today at work telling this story. I'll just sum it up by saying, my baby said, "Doo-der (meaning Scooter, out dog) gwoss. Ate da turtle." Well, it wasn't a turtle...and it fell out when he pulled his diaper off, the dog ambles up and ....I'm guessing you can visualize the rest and I'm shrieking like a maniac...!

About the ball? Uh, maybe try running hot water from the bathtub faucet on the neck. Maybe it will expand enough to release the ball..?

Friday, December 14, 2007 9:37:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I think we're making your Lil Smokies recipe for a potluck on Sunday. We usually do the white trash ones where you cook them in the crock pot with a mixture of grape jelly and chili sauce. Bacon and brown sugar sounds so much better!

Saturday, December 15, 2007 5:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Zachery said...

I saw really much useful information above!
Mulberry Beige Teddy Mini Bag | check | website

Friday, May 25, 2012 9:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home