Sunday, December 30, 2007

The sweetest infection, of body and mind

I am writing to you from my isolation chamber. It has been days since I've had human contact. It's like Outbreak up in here and I'm the monkey. This flu took me out. It left me crying and writhing begging for someone to make the pain stop. Childbirth was ten times easier.

When I gave birth to the Baby the doctor said it was so easy for me I should consider having a few more. No thanks. But she was right. It was a breeze. I wanted to jump off the table and pack up and go home. I felt like I understood how those women who gave birth in the fields and then went right back to work did it. It was that easy.

But this. This flu, was crippling. I feel like I don't even know what happened in the past four days and if I sent you an email, most likely it wasn't coherent.

Being alone for four days just leaves your mind to wander about unecessary things. Like the bananas rotting on my counter. I HATE bananas. I hate the way they look, smell and taste. But the kids love them, so I always have some on hand. But when they go bad it's that much worse. So the first thing I did when I got my sea legs, was go to the kitchen and make a batch of banana crumb muffins. Goodbye rotting bananas. Goodbye flu.


Banana Crumb Muffins recipe, HERE.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Wakeful D said...

For years my mother thought I was joking when I said that bananas made me sick. She'd put one in my lunch every so often, and get mad when I brought it back home.

Strangely, I like things that taste SLIGHTLY of banana. Like banana nut muffins. But that's about it.

Sunday, December 30, 2007 9:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? You're still sick! And you still find time to make muffins. Unbelievable!

Hope you're 100% soon.

-myra

Monday, December 31, 2007 12:10:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Glad you are feeling better.

Monday, December 31, 2007 12:40:00 AM  
Blogger APlanet4Creation said...

I hate bananas going bad too! I think I still have a couple of over ripe bananas in the freezer.

Monday, December 31, 2007 6:42:00 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Yikes, glad to hear you're feeling better!

Thanks for the recipe. Next time I find myself with bananas going bad, I'm making it!

Monday, December 31, 2007 7:33:00 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Weirdly, I like bananas, but not most banana breads... Unless they have chocolate chips in them.

Glad you're feeling better. Might want to think about getting a flu shot in the coming years, especially since your kids get exposed to all those lovely germs and bring them home.

Monday, December 31, 2007 8:16:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

I know. I am so stupid and 'brave'. I have never gotten a flu shot, but after this, I have learned my lesson. Now I am leaving to drive myself to the ER...

Monday, December 31, 2007 8:26:00 AM  
Blogger bubbie said...

Gosh, I know how you feel. I've been feeling sick and have been stuck in bed for the past two days. Last night was the worst. We really should all get flu shots.

Monday, December 31, 2007 11:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home