Friday, December 14, 2007

Upside down. Boy, you turn me. Inside out. And round and round.

From the 'Things I Did NOT Buy" file
The Kid and I were scoping out holiday crap at Stats when he spied this beauty:

The Upside Down Christmas tree. Despite the lead-tastic holidays around my house, I felt that this was an unnecessary addition. First of all $500. Second of all. Upside down. Lame.

In the old old old days trees really were hung upside down and also it was supposed to evoke the Trinity. Nowadays people think it's sacrilegious because the tree is supposed to point to heaven. I think it's sacrilegious to ask $500 for a piece of crap. I get it, it's edgy, it's supposed to make 'more room for gifts'.

I'm sure you're not supposed to take pictures at Stats, but I did it on the sly while the Baby was distracting them by screaming at the top of his lungs whenever he saw a fake reindeer. I wish I had gone to the Pasadena Stats. Check it out. It's like Christmas threw up all over the place. Fan-freakin'tastic.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger xtena said...

if you come to pasadenda, call us up!

Friday, December 14, 2007 11:02:00 PM  
Blogger mamafabun said...

Wow, I think the Pasadena Stats would make my head explode.

Saturday, December 15, 2007 7:53:00 AM  
Blogger Native Minnow said...

After hearing so much gushing about you over at Be The Boy I finally decided to come see what all the fuss was about. I like what I've read so far.

I totally agree with you:
Upside down Christmas tree = lame

Saturday, December 15, 2007 8:31:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

Yeah, I've seen too many of those this year. I had mine laying on the living room floor so long I thought about just putting presents under that...but now it's upright. at least.

Saturday, December 15, 2007 9:53:00 AM  
Anonymous Pdzo said...

upside down tree is just wrong. trees grow UP, people! jeez.
thx for sharing re: pasadena stats. my eyes now know how it feels to have been gang-raped by ornaments.

Saturday, December 15, 2007 10:41:00 AM  
Blogger Daddy Dan said...

We love Stats. We buy a lot of our Christmas stuff there. We usually go to the one in Los Al but went up to the Pasadena one this year. $500 for that?!? What a ripoff.

Saturday, December 15, 2007 12:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Ashley said...

I love you because I'm 24 and its hard to find a combination of inspiring "creating" ideas and also someone who makes me laugh out loud.
I have a request, if you have time..i'm trying to find cute ideas to bake for my friends, a house full of guys.they always are so excited about my gifts and i dont have any ideas at all-& its Christmas! something cute that will make me look impressive and that guys would like to eat! :) if you have any ideas, thatd be great!

Saturday, December 15, 2007 3:23:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Sacreligious? Ha!The practice of setting up evergreen trees started as a pagan Solstice ritual. But yeah, whatever. I just think the upside down ones look stupid.

I only know of and have only been to the Pasadena Stats and it is a truly frightening experience.

Saturday, December 15, 2007 5:32:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Ashley - make these Busty Lady cookies. Men love boobs.
http://www.justjenndesigns.com/crafts/food/cookiechicks.htm

Saturday, December 15, 2007 7:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home