Tuesday, December 25, 2007

We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup.

Well this holiday has come and gone, and it was all good. There was lots of fun, lots of presents and lots and lots of food. Having it at my house wasn't easy, but I did manage to shoehorn 13 people and two kids into one table. I also busted out the good china and festive place settings. And yes, the chicken and waffles made it the best christmas ever.

I have the rest of the week off, which is nice, but I don't know what to do with myself. All I know is that since today is over and done with, now, the real work begins - planning the menu for New Year's Day, which is far mightier a task than measly old Christmas. Yikes. I already have 13 dishes so far, I think I have a few more to add as well.

Pictures of a past New Years feast, here.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

Oooh, I love the new blog header! Very cute!

Tuesday, December 25, 2007 11:18:00 PM  
Blogger The Daily Randi said...

I love the idea of Chicken and Waffles for Christmas Dinner.

You Rock, Just Jenn. You Rock.

xoxo.
TDR

Tuesday, December 25, 2007 11:25:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Don't know what to do with yourself? If you need a break from all the planning and want to come clean my house while I'm at work...ha ha...kidding, of course!

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 12:13:00 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

CUTE snowman cupcakes!

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 5:36:00 AM  
Blogger dapotato said...

the snowmen look cute. enjoy your time off, and good luck on the new years' even menu.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 8:00:00 AM  
Blogger Carol Browne said...

13 dishes? Whoa! You are amazing. Your dinner table looked great. Well done.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 11:41:00 AM  
Blogger the slackmistress said...

You could be sooooooooo well rested that you would be forced to come out our NYE party...

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 1:58:00 PM  
Blogger Yum-e said...

I love your table setting! Very very wintery table, love it. The gift boxes on the plates is so cute! And no one knocked over those glasses? Amazing.

And I ditto nanette's comment about the new header...I love it!

Thursday, December 27, 2007 5:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home