Monday, December 31, 2007

Woke up this morning feeling fine

My final day of 2007 - why should it be any different than the other days? I spent the morning in the ER of course. After being given a near clean bill of health, they gave me a bottle of codeine to ring in the New Year and get me through the night.

Then I walked out of the ER and straight into the kitchen. Yes, despite my protest, even with my four days in a coma, apparently the party is still on and I'm still cooking for it tomorrow. Although half the guests don't want to come near the flu-house (I don't blame them) the other half know how much food I make, and flu or no, they want some. Already prepped for tomorrow - somen salad, sweet garlic chicken wings, won ton, an mochi and O.G.s flank steak. There's still more to be made tomorrow morning.
The best part of today was being able to hold the boys again. I hugged the Kid and didn't want to let go. If only all the GOOD people in the world who should have children could feel that sort of love. It's overwhelming. Then he coughed on me and now I'm wondering if the Circle of Sick is going to continue. Lord.

While I had to turn down two rockin' party invitations, I have a feeling that I will be dead zzz before the ball drops on the west coast anyway. So Happy New Year to everyone!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Happy New Year, Jenn. Sorry you still had to do all that cooking. Geez. Mmmm...mochi! Get well soon!

Tuesday, January 01, 2008 3:27:00 AM  
Blogger Lady Librarian said...

Happy New Year! Hope you're feeling better soon.

Tuesday, January 01, 2008 4:10:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Happy New Year! And you are one crazy kitchen/hostessing addict, which I'm sure everyone appreciates. :)

Tuesday, January 01, 2008 11:00:00 AM  
Blogger bubbie said...

I can't believe you still were able to cook! Kudos to you for being a solider and not letting everyone down

Tuesday, January 01, 2008 11:29:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

Happy new year. My dad got to have unexpected sort of major surgery today. Hopefully, I'll be driving him home in the blowing snow tomorrow. So far this year is o'tay.

p.s. I'm glad you're feeling better. How's the eye?

Tuesday, January 01, 2008 9:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home