Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Ain't no party like a Scranton party, cause a Scranton party don't stop, yo.

More from 'Tales of Jenn Going Overboard," I decided that I really wanted to work with fondant and make cupcakes. I have worked with fondant before, but never dyed it. I wasn't keen on the idea, but it turned out to be amazingly easy. I kinda knew what I wanted to do, but basically it was all on the fly. I rolled it out, cut out tiny shapes, and came up with this:

These will go on top of cupcakes that will be baked sometime before or after I take on the task of BUILDING a cake for the party. This will be served in addition to the Watermelon Ice Cream Bombe (as specifically asked for by the Kid), and the jello aquariums. Yes, I realize that the party attendees will all leave in a diabetic coma, but I can't stop myself. CAN'T STOP.

In other news, the Baby woke up crying at 5somethingAM today. He said he had to pee, but he really didn't. What he really had to do was tell me, "Lions have tails." Good lord. Could that information not have waited until a decent hour?? I think he knows I have party stuff to do and he is sabotaging my sleep. No cupcakes for that sucka!

Pirate Cupcake how to, HERE.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

I hope the party favors are ambulance rides to help us deal with our diabetic comas.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 11:02:00 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

So. Cute.

Thursday, January 17, 2008 5:10:00 AM  
Blogger APlanet4Creation said...

Very cute cupcakes! I got woken up at 4:30AM by someone so they could get tucked in bed. ARG!

Thursday, January 17, 2008 5:36:00 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Some of those cupcake toppers have mixed emotions.

Thursday, January 17, 2008 6:36:00 AM  
Blogger bubbie said...

When can I expect my invitation in the mail?

Thursday, January 17, 2008 7:49:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I wish you'd get your act together and stop being such a lazy underachiever.

P.S. Can you plan my next party?

Thursday, January 17, 2008 10:56:00 AM  
Anonymous myra said...

Holey moley! You are awesome.

Thursday, January 17, 2008 11:18:00 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

OMG those are the cutest things!

Thursday, January 17, 2008 11:38:00 AM  
Blogger Lissete said...

Love these! Can't wait to see what else you come up with!

For some reason I thought of you as I posted this picture.

Thursday, January 17, 2008 12:22:00 PM  
Blogger mamafabun said...

Cute! I'm especially fond of the stars on the bandanas.

Thursday, January 17, 2008 2:48:00 PM  
Blogger saraphin said...

so creative! especially the "earrings"

Thursday, January 17, 2008 8:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home