Sunday, January 27, 2008

Always look on the bright side of life

Here's how you know you go to the ER too much. When you call your cousin to pick you up and she says, "Why? Are you at the hospital again?" Sheesh.

No, I was not at the hospital (for once) but the past few days I have been more worried and stressed than I should have been, but that's just me. The worrier. I should just sit back, relax and just shut the f*ck up and bake. Which coincidentally I've trademarked as the name of my new cooking show, when Food Network comes a calling. I bet they'd would recast someone to make all my recipes for me. Someone perkier, skinnier and prettier. Cause who wants a cranky asian chick hosting a show. "I got your donuts right here, dammit", is probably not what they'd want to see on tv.

I made a batch of mini chocolate spice donuts this morning, which were cute. But right now, the intense rain is screwing with their properites and they are looking shrivelled. It's ridiculous. So I busted out the industrial sealer to see if that'd help everything stay fresh.

I am sealing up the donuts, and some Vegan Pumpkin Oatmeal Raisin cookies. I am also making some soup. I am on a roll here. Anyone want anything while my stove's on? We can make it on my new tv show, "Shut the F*CK up and Cook, with your host, justJENN," hmm...

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Darlene said...

Aw... hope you get off the hospital train soon! Take care.

Sunday, January 27, 2008 9:39:00 PM  
Blogger Carol Browne said...

Ew. Vegan? Okay, I trust you and everything because you do have good recipes, but vegan cookies? Hmm...

Sunday, January 27, 2008 9:50:00 PM  
Blogger dapotato said...

awesome show name.

Sunday, January 27, 2008 9:54:00 PM  
Anonymous kermit said...

actually the "just shut the f*ck up and bake" cooking show would probably benefit from a sourpuss cook.

besides, from the food network shows i've watched, it looks to me like alton brown's "good eats" is the only one that actually has useful commentary (and commentary that doesn't make me want to hit the cook) anyway.

Sunday, January 27, 2008 10:27:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

@Carol: I am the same way. I hear Vegan baking and think - why, god, why? But these are good. I've altered them from their original recipe, (as I always do) but I like 'em just fine. Lemme know what you think.

Sunday, January 27, 2008 10:28:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Would your TV show have accompanying cookbooks like, "Shut the F*CK up and read then cook"?

Sunday, January 27, 2008 10:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Spider said...

Now THAT would be a show I would watch

Monday, January 28, 2008 4:33:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

This must be the same cousin who I overheard asking O.G., "So, have you been drinking alcohol today?"

Monday, January 28, 2008 8:31:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you get that sealer? How cool is that. I think I need one now.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 5:43:00 PM  
Blogger Mariel said...

i would definitely watch your show. enjoying your blog and will be trying your recipes. thanks for sharing. :)

Thursday, January 31, 2008 4:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home