Monday, January 14, 2008

Liz: Why are you wearing a tux?
Jack: It's after six. What am I, a farmer?

My days of having an in house babysitter are almost over. Therefore I am overloading myself with extracurricular activities. Normally I wouldn't dare go out on a weeknight, but with someone else putting my kids to bed, I am free, FREE I say! It's odd being out without the kids, but a nice break, as well. This is how I've been spending my evenings:

Last week I went to see Wicked. It was really wonderful, just as everyone has said. The voices were fantastic. Who do those tone deaf American Idols hopefuls think they are kidding? It was playing at the Pantages, I love the architecture of that old theatre, the carved ceilings are amazing.

I went to the Grove, where I planned to shop til I dropped, yet I found nothing to buy. This is probably a good thing. While I really wanted to eat tons of crap from the food stands, I had to wait, because afterwards I met Nanette and Jodi for dinner at Cobras Y Matadors. The Spanish tapas were so good. Even with tiny bites I still ate my fill. We had marinated skirt steak, bacon wrapped shrimp in a garlic cream sauce, sweet papas fritas, a fritatta dish that I ate most of since Jodi SHUNS the egg, and for dessert, French toast. It sounds like a lot but the dishes were small. Still, my large stomach says otherwise. Blergh.

Another day I found myself at Third St. Promenade, specifically, Santa Monica Place. Holy crap, is it the end of the world and no one told me? That place is a craphole. I understand that they are closing at the end of the month, but come on, CLOSE NOW. We are talking deserted stores, non-working escalators, trash everywhere, it's horrible. However...I did buy an amazing pair of shoes, and with gift cards - it cost me nothin'. 3" high, chocolate brown, satin stilettos. Simply stunning. I couldn't decide between the brown or black satin and the cashier asked me 'what color is your dress?', I explained to him that, uh, these were for...everyday wear. There is no dress. He cracked up and happily rang me up.

Other things I'd like to add to my agenda before this coach turns into a pumpkin - go to the Arclight, get a pedicure (so I can wear my shoes), and, well, eat some more. Usually I cook everyday, so to go out to eat, well, this is my chance to eat WELL. I tried to get a reservation at Mario Batali's Pizzeria Mozza, but the only time availiable - 11pm. That is just too late to be out and about. This girl's gotta get some shut eye.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Darlene said...

Nice shoes and I just got a pedicure last night so I could start wearing open toed shoes.

Is that futura I see? The 'j' doesn't look right to me though.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 6:49:00 AM  
Blogger bubbie said...

Santa Monica Place is closing? I had no idea. I used to live down the street from there, but now I haven't been to the Westside in sometime. It's not surprising though. That place always kinda sucked.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 9:44:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Mmmm...French toast dessert...

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 10:10:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Eggs are THE WORST. Unless you count milk. Or mushrooms. Or fish. Or meatloaf. Okay, so I'm picky...

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 10:39:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Unless it's a Cadbury Creme egg, of course!

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 12:51:00 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

nice shoes!
the food sounds delicious!

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 10:44:00 PM  
Blogger Will said...

Oh I get it now, you don't want your cool friends Nanette and Jodi to know about Nina and I. Fine, I see how it is.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 9:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home