Sunday, January 13, 2008

Oh, great. You killed the invisible swordsman!

It's taken me a while, but I am finally getting the details of this party down. Since it is the last party of the year, (yes, I consider this an extension of the holiday season) I think I am relieved and reluctant to finish it off.

I changed the menu 4 times, each time making it EASIER on myself. That is a good thing. There will be many things on skewers, cause that's how pirates eat. (I'm reaching here.) However I decided yesterday that I am going to MAKE a fantastical cake. I usually buy the cake since King's has the best cakes - but seeing as how this is a Peter Pan party and no one seems to carry Peter Pan-ish things, I decided to just go for it. Let's hope this works out.

Luckily pirate things are on the...outs? I say that because I was wandering through Potterybarn Kids and lo and behold, pirate things were 90% off! You know I love the melamine, and these pirate ship plates were marked down to 99 cents. (They are still regular price online, which is weird.) So I bought some for the kids party favors. I tied 'em up with some strawberry pocky, cause they seemed...swordlike. Whatever.

I also found these CUUUTTE animal picks, again, only $1 for about 20. I don't know what I'll use them for, but I love them. Obviously there will be much stabbing going on at this party.

Note to self: Watch the Baby, as he will surely take someone's eye out, first thing.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

I promise not to stab Nanette!

Monday, January 14, 2008 1:08:00 AM  
Blogger e said...

Target has little pirate sets, they come with a clip on earring and a hook, something else I can't remember...In the dollar bins, I saw them on Saturday.

Monday, January 14, 2008 7:11:00 AM  
Anonymous Jeanie said...

Jenn,

You throw the best parties.

I bet your son has a blast. (They all will.)

Jeanie

Monday, January 14, 2008 10:05:00 AM  
Anonymous myra said...

It's beyond unfair that you have a Kings Bakery in California while we no longer have it here.

I'm off to pout.

Monday, January 14, 2008 1:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home