Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Pizza The Hutt: Tell him, Vinnie.
Vinnie: Or else Pizza is gonna send out for YOU!

What does, "I saw this and it screamed JENN, to me," really mean? I kinda feel like I should be insulted. Even when it's something cool. Weird.

My kids love to cook, I assume it's from watching me in the kitchen and all. While most things are too difficult or dangerous for tiny hands, I try and come up with ways to allow them to help out when they can. We recently went out to dinner where they sold us a 'Make Your Own Pizza'. The kids loved it, and I got shisted out of $8 for some bread and cheese.

So I thought of a more economical way to have our own, make your own pizza night, at home. We always have an overabundance of tortillas - we're Mexican like that - and I thought it'd be quick and easy to use that as a thin crust pizza. There's no real recipe here, I just put the tortillas out for the boys, and supply an array of toppings, sauce and cheese. Mind you these kids hate sauce so it's just like a damn open face quesadilla up in here. Still, it's fun. And that's all that matters.


I'm telling you, tortillas are the best food ever. You can use 'em 100 different ways. And I do. Someone should do a '100 days of useful tortillas'. However, that someone is not me. Hmm. Tacos. Arm bandage. Plug a hole. Use it to remove a lightbulb. Etc.

Make your own pizza instructions, here.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

What good fun! We have a quesadilla maker, but often make "pizzadillas." Yummy. When I was a kid, I'd make mini pizzas on English muffins, but we weren't very Mexican back then and didn't have tortillas. Pita pizza is good too.

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 12:30:00 AM  
Blogger APlanet4Creation said...

We always have tortillas at our house too. We found a local place that hand makes them. There is no going back to the store bought ones!

Pizza is a big hit at our house too. I find the $0.57 pizza dough packages (the ones you just add hot water) works the best!

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 5:01:00 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Tortilla use #73: Use as a frisbee

There. That should help you out.

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 6:42:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Tortillua use #64: Use as an umbrella when caught in a rainstorm.

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 8:08:00 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Don't they come out sort of soggy and floppy?

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 9:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Ally said...

I love the broccoli! :)

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 12:12:00 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

I buy lotsa tortillas too.
Mostly as an excuse to buy lotsa spicy salsa.

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 12:47:00 PM  
Blogger Keely said...

Tuna Melt Quesadillas. They're my invention and they are SO good. :)

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 3:24:00 PM  
Anonymous :: jozjozjoz :: said...

I swear, Jenn, you are a goddess in the kitchen.

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 4:24:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Robin, no way! They become crisopy and delicious!!

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 5:08:00 PM  
Blogger Jen14221 said...

What's CRISOPY?

Friday, January 11, 2008 5:29:00 AM  
Anonymous kat said...

I like just making them with a little butter & cheddar - call em mexican grilled cheese.

Tortillas are really good cut up, deep fried and cinnamon/sugared. That's how they make the taco salad bowls only with a form and without the c/s.

Saturday, January 12, 2008 10:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home