Tuesday, January 29, 2008

(Project Runway) Christian: I love Asians. Asians are fierce.

This morning I scaled walls, and climbed through mud. Then I walked 150 feet across a tiny 8" wide wall high off the ground and tried to keep my balance and not die. As a bonus I got to stand in deer poop. I went back to the office and accused my boss of trying to kill me.

See? Sometimes I don't wear heels. Suffice it to say, I'm exhausted. I stopped at the Japanese market on the way home and picked up some teriyaki chicken onigiris. Which are basically just rice balls with teri chicken inside, wrapped in nori. I like how the packages have instructions on how to properly open them. Of course it never works out and I just have a mess on my hands. The kids love them though. Like tiny little pockets of chicken-y love.

I was going to pick up cheese while I was there, because I planned on making Croque Monsieurs tomorrow. Cheese was $3.50 at the Japanese market, WTF?? That's insane. I'm not paying that much for processed slices of plastic. Is that why Japanese people are skinny (not me) because they don't regularly eat crap like that? That onigiri only cost $1!

Oh well. I'll just have to pick up my fattening cheese somewhere else.
Croque Monsieur recipe, HERE.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger xtena said...

those shoes do not look like construction boots. are they safe? can a nail pass the bottom of the shoe?

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 11:12:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I'll take the kids at work threatening to push and punch me any day over your job! And yeah, what xtena said (asked).

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 2:48:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

They aren't work boots, but I use them for work boots. They are far more stylish than that. And, yes, I've stepped on a nail straight up and not had a problem.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 6:52:00 AM  
Blogger SAJ said...

Did somebody say Croque Monsieurs? Let's go to Paris!

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 7:15:00 AM  
Anonymous to said...

omg...can you mail me some of those musubis. rm f242. haha. i'm also craving a bento like you would not believe.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 12:57:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

one of our favorite mom n pop pizza places went out of business finally. they said it was the minimum wage and the cost of cheese skyrocketting that did it.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 1:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home