Monday, January 28, 2008

Simon says:

I don't eat out that often. Which is obvious from all the recipes on this blog. But when I do, I like to really eat out. And I mean eat well. At great restaurants, where the food is top notch. Good dinner companions make the meal even better if you ask me.

Hilary, Jami, Nanette and I went to Simon L.A. as part of Dine L.A. It was a great way to get a taste of a chef's menu. I had the Lump crab salad appetizer, Braised Beef Short Ribs and for dessert, Chocolate Tart and Lemon Sherbet. The salad was FANTASTIC. And the dessert, was everything I love. The ribs? EH. They were good, I guess. Flavorful on the outside, but a bit too dry for me, once you hit the center of the meat.

Nanette took some excellent pictures, which I didn't have time for. I just wanted to eat. The four of us all have something in common. We bake. A LOT. So most of the conversation was about recipes we've tried, things we liked and didn't like, it was like a baker's convention.

I have been wanting to go to Simon L.A. since it opened if not just to see the "Junk Food Platter" they have for dessert. We didn't get that, but I was satisfied with everything I had. My only deal with Kerry Simon is the fact that he looks like Criss Angel and I feel like he's trying to Mindfreak me. With food.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

You didn't get the Junk Food Platter?!?!?!

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 9:17:00 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Jenn, if you ever want to return just for the Junk Food Platter, count me in!

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 1:21:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Me, too! And I'll bring pretty little cellophaned treadmills for all of us. ;)

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 2:32:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I had VERY good ribs at Mr. Cecil's the other night. Not a fancy place, mind you, but more my speed.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 2:46:00 AM  
Anonymous Samson said...

I found so much useful data in this post!
http://edpillsbritain.com | check this | at this shop

Friday, March 09, 2012 4:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home