Friday, January 04, 2008

Today I didn't even have to use my A.K.
I got to say it was a good day.

I had another post for today but I will have to save it. For today is a glorious day. I left the house! Whee! While it does not feel good to still be coughy and off work, it does feel good to spend time with my kids and this empty city. The open freeways (even with rain) make me the happiest girl on earth.

I opened the door this morning and yelled, "WHO WANTS TO HAVE FUN TODAY?" Lucky they both said yes or I guess we'd go give blood or something. I took them to Juju's Cereal Bar for a mid morning snack. It's the cutest little shop, all the cereals you can imagine with all the TOPPINGS you can imagine. The menu is kind of overwhelming, I suppose I should have planned it out beforehand. Here are our orders:

The Baby: Cap'n Crunch&Trix+strawberries&mini marshmallows+whole milk
The Kid
: Cap'n Crunch&Eggo Waffles+mini marshmallows&yogurt chips+whole milk

MIL
: Honey bunches of Oats&Granola+strawberries&cranberries&almonds+lactaid

SIL
: Cinnamon Toast Crunch&Eggo Waffles+chocolate malt balls&mini marshmallows&nilla wafers+chocolate milk

Jenn
: Frosted Flakes&Puffins+sugar wafers&almonds+nonfat milk

As you can see the MIL wins for healthiest and the SIL wins for the most sugar. I couldn't decide what to get and the cashier said, "add some fruit" I said, "nah" and he laughed and told me to go with caramel as a topping to keep with the sugar theme. It was sweet, and a fun place to eat.

Other stops include Famima - they love those $1 Tomy bubble toys. There was only a minor meltdown when the Baby found that he didn't get a CHIPMUNK. He has a weird sudden fascination with chipmunks, I think it's the Disney movies. Then I dragged the kids to Surfas because I have a few tricks up my sleeve for - yes, the LAST party of the season - the Kid's Peter Pan/Pirate themed birthday. Once this is done I consider myself free of the party planning committee. Thank god.

Ice Cube was right. Today was a good day.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

So happy to hear you are having a good day for a change. I'm grumpy about the rain...but, no complaints otherwise. I love Famima!! too, and Tomy bubble toys, and chipmunks!!! Wait, am I 4? Yay for happier Jenn!

Friday, January 04, 2008 3:29:00 PM  
Blogger Hillary said...

And then you will join the Committee to Plan Parties, right? Because they have margaritas and a karaoke machine.

Friday, January 04, 2008 3:54:00 PM  
Blogger deanna said...

Love your Ice Cube reference! I love old school 90's rap. Hey Jenn, do you have any recipes for a good dip or something I can bring to a "game night" party? Thanks.

Friday, January 04, 2008 4:46:00 PM  
Blogger Keely said...

This place would have been my own personal heaven when I was pregnant. That's it. Must get pregnant again and visit this place - weekly. :P

Friday, January 04, 2008 4:57:00 PM  
Anonymous myra said...

Please adopt me.

Friday, January 04, 2008 6:41:00 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Oh man. I want to go there. There's a place in Phoenix similiar to JuJu bar called Cereality: http://www.cereality.com/main.php

Saturday, January 05, 2008 8:49:00 AM  
Blogger Yum-e said...

I've been begging her to adopt me for YEARS! :( sorry to say it ain't gonna happen...

Oh man - if I was feeling better and it wasn't friggin' raining, I'd soooo be at that shop. You go SIL!

Saturday, January 05, 2008 10:51:00 AM  
Blogger Yum-e said...

Oh -and nice new header by the way! Pink, my faaav! The list, I know - is just your life for real, but it's genius.

Saturday, January 05, 2008 10:53:00 AM  
Blogger dapotato said...

best. header. ever.

glad you had a great day. the minimal traffic is making me jump for joy. too bad it'll probably be back to normal next week.

Saturday, January 05, 2008 11:35:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Yay for cereal!

Saturday, January 05, 2008 5:42:00 PM  
Anonymous amanda said...

Man, I'm so bummed about not going down to LA. JuJu's sounds amazing!

Sunday, January 06, 2008 6:00:00 PM  
Blogger SAJ said...

I just want someone to wake me up and yell, "WHO WANTS TO HAVE FUN TODAY?" Cause I'm a morning person and I'm totally down for FUN! Add me to your adoption list.

Monday, January 07, 2008 8:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home