Saturday, January 05, 2008

Tracy: LIKE it? I love this cornbread so much I wanna take it back behind the middle school and get it pregnant.

I have to show you what I found today. I've been saving a gift card for just the right time. Today was it. Le Creuset was on sale and I was all over it. This gorgeous green oval baking dish was marked down to $33. And with my gift card I paid a grand total of $8. I love it so much I want to curl up and take a nap in it. Gorgeous.

For New Years, while the meal was all Japanese - the dessert, not so much. I had lady fingers left over from when I made the Christmas Trifle, so I went and picked up some marscapone cheese. I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do, I kind of developed this recipe on the fly. What came about was a delicious concoction similar to an ice cream bombe, sorta like a tiramisu, but without the alcohol. (I am not a fan of alcohol.) All the guests seem to love it and everyone asked for the recipe. So I had to...make one up.

It's really very tasty, especially for those who love coffee. The soaked ladyfingers, mixed with the sweet cheese and ice cream, well. It's heavenly. And the recipe couldn't be easier. Make it. Your friends will think you are some great pastry chef, when all in all it took about 15 minutes.

Frozen Tiramisu Terrine recipe, HERE.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

I'd totally take that dessert behind the middle school and get it pregnant.

Saturday, January 05, 2008 11:02:00 PM  
Blogger bubbie said...

Where did you find the le creuset for so cheap?

Sunday, January 06, 2008 2:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home