Thursday, January 31, 2008

You are either in or you are out.

Project Runway was not on last night, which sucked because for once I got around to sitting down at the time it actually aired. Now I am in the sewing mood.

I have an addiction, you see. Not to cocaine, although sometimes I pay through the nose. BWAHAH That's comedy folks, and it's FREE. I have an addiction to fabric. I buy it and THEN figure out what to do with it. Not the best idea, but what can I say. I went to the fabric store the other day - the big secret one that only superdeedooper sewers (sewers not sewers) know about. Not really, but this store is a paradise for people who sew. I love going there. It was like looking at aisles and aisles of candy. The problem is, I have a taste for the hard stuff, I have this magical knack for picking out the expensive fabrics. Sigh.

I bought a bunch of things and I particularly liked the brown and red tones of this fabric. It photographs horribly, by the way. It's actually quite lush. I am doing some sketches, but we'll see what I come up with.

In news that had nothing to do with this, I am...party planning again! Told you the hiatus wouldn't last long. I can't help myself. It's a little different this time around, but it is in full swing. I'll let you in on the details once it's all said and done.

*p.s. if your name is Heather and you emailed me, my email is jacked and it ate it. Sorry. Email again please.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Sizzle said...

i have a similar affliction. i love fabric! i'm about to redecorate and that fabric you just bought would go perfectly!

who makes it?

Thursday, January 31, 2008 8:29:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Pretty!

Thursday, January 31, 2008 9:55:00 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Oooh, I have the same problem. And the same fabric. Great minds think alike, apparently.

Thursday, January 31, 2008 10:05:00 PM  
Blogger Keely said...

I love pretty fabrics too (that one is very cool) - pity I don't know how to sew.

Thursday, January 31, 2008 10:34:00 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Ooh, i bought the same fabric (plus a couple others) a couple weeks ago. I love the Alexander Henry line.

Friday, February 01, 2008 2:38:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Sizzle, what Maria said, it's Alexander Henry. LOVE his stuff.

Friday, February 01, 2008 6:35:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

At least you are addicted to something practical.

Friday, February 01, 2008 10:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Hector said...

I consider every person should read this.
this site

Monday, December 19, 2011 9:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home