Thursday, January 03, 2008

You're ugly and I know it for a fact cause I got the evidence RIGHT THERE.

Batten down the hatches. The storm of the century is coming to L.A. this weekend, and of course, I am in recovery and wanted to do all sorts of fun things with the kids. Phooey.

All this staying indoors has really tightened up my relationship...with my television. We've been strained lately, having moved from crappy cable (I would kick Time Warner in the balls if it had any) to Direct TV. Watching things in HD is thrilling, but it is very difficult for my small brain to comprehend all the different channels it has to offer. Instead I'll just stay on one channel for fear of never being able to find it again, thus my 5 hour marathon watching of Jon&Kate+8.

These people are horrible but I can't stop watching! The kid stuff is all too familar, minus 6 kids, of course. I would die if I had 8 kids, I really would. But I do feel for her and am glad she got that tummy tuck. I mean, having two kids in a row, my body looks like crap too. And they innundate you with those ads to get rid of your 'mom' body, and I'm starting to think, yeah, tuck me up too, baby.

Since there is no Office, the only other show I am watching is Project Runway. I love this season so far, and am glad to see some real sewing talent. The show is way too close to home, as every 'challenge' reminds me of design school. I am glad those days are behind me. I am also glad that spit lady is gone because spitting on clothes is nasty.

My old standby for comfort tv, is the Food Network. Watching it in HDTV is amazing. Everything is so crystal clear. I can see every crack in Paula Deen's face, it's awesome. I also watched her make fudge with cheese and butter and it made me want to vomit. Spectacular.

What's everyone else watching? Anything to recommend? Now's my chance to load up the dvr, otherwise it's all Yo Gabba Gabba and Wiggles from here on out...

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

Nina and I have been enjoying Life on Mars but otherwise not much else on TV.

Thursday, January 03, 2008 2:23:00 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I love Dirty Jobs. Mike Rowe, swoon...smart and a manly man...sigh. And MythBusters, and Planet Earth. Just about anything on Discovery.

I've also been watching Jon and Kate, and marvel at her organization skills. The thought of six sets of diapers to be changing constantly >>shudder<<

Thursday, January 03, 2008 3:18:00 PM  
Blogger the slackmistress said...

BBC America also has a metric asston of fab documentaries...

Thursday, January 03, 2008 3:33:00 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

Tim & Eric Awesome Show Great Job!
Garth Meringhi's Darkplace

We've been watching football. and The Twilight Zone. I know &e would love to have his BBC America and the classic movie channels back.

I've always been anti-spit on cooking shows. The french guys do it and so does Paula Deen. Spit is not an ingredient; keep that mouth off of the cooking utensils.

Thursday, January 03, 2008 4:51:00 PM  
Blogger theotherbear said...

I second the vote for Life on Mars - it was good.

Thursday, January 03, 2008 5:23:00 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

I am a Project Runway whore, too. I think I am one of 3 people on the planet that enjoyed Elisa's aesthetic. I'm just glad Chris March was in the top 3 this week! I have some Project Runway spoilers, if you are interested...

Thursday, January 03, 2008 5:53:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I think we are just going to catch up on watching bonus material on DVDs. Watched the first episode of Tin Man, but not sure I'll watch any more. Meh. We just watched the two series of Spaced, a British tv series by and with the folks who went on to do Shaun of the Dead, etc. Great stuff.

I did get sucked in to watching a mind-numbing half hour of one of the worst shows ever...the Snoop Dogg Daddy show. WTF? He's obviously stoned out of his mind, but they don't show him lighting up, just eating Roscoe's all the time. I think even my hamster could get a reality show these days and he mostly just sleeps and flings his poo.

Thursday, January 03, 2008 5:56:00 PM  
Blogger mamafabun said...

My husband and I were just talking about Paula's cheese fudge. (Dang, that sounds weird.) I'm vegan and I think it would be double-disgusting to make vegan cheese fudge. Disgusting and fun.

Thursday, January 03, 2008 8:57:00 PM  
Blogger Tuesday Girl said...

I love Project Runway and love it even more this season because an old friends of mine is on it.
I also watch anything on Discovery or TLC.

Friday, January 04, 2008 6:12:00 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

Um. We have the most basic of cable packages (for good reception only) so I can recommend NOTHING for you. Unless you REALLY like Law & Order (all 73 versions of them) and every night. All night.

Sigh.

I love Yo Gabba Gabba. Too bad we don't get it.

whine much?

sorry you still feel like poo. wishing you a speedier recovery my homey.

Friday, January 04, 2008 12:11:00 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Jon and Kate plus 8!! It makes me want to have a big family and get my tubes tied at the same time. :D

Monday, January 07, 2008 3:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home