Monday, February 18, 2008

Come anytime - you're going blind - or you're seeing double

This weekend by the numbers:
Number of trains I rode this weekend: 3
Number of times we ate out: too many if you ask me
Batches of muffins I made: 3
How many times I lost my temper with the kids: 0 (yay me!)
How many times I was peed on: 1
Number of times people asked if the boys were twins: 4

"Oh, what cute twins, how old are they -2?" I hear that EVERYTIME we go out. It's hilarious. They don't look alike and are two years and 4 inches apart. I'm sure it's my fault for dressing them alike, but it amuses me.

It was a good long weekend. I just let the kids do what they wanted to do and we got some errands done in the process. Oh and of course, did a lot of picking out treats at several bakeries. MY favorite pastime.
Today the boys and I hung out with a friend who has one kid and man, I remember those days. Thinking life was so hard - then the second one came and I yearned for the ease of those years. Two is definitely a challenge, but the good thing is, these boys - these TWINS - entertain each other. A built in playmate. With hugs. And sometimes punching. ~sigh~

I got to spend a lot of quality time with the boys, and it made me want to quit my job and just hang out with them all day...

...let's not get crazy.

Doing all of these activities this weekend was to wear the kids out, but I think it worked in reverse and I wore my own ass out. Now I need a vacation from my weekend.

See all the pictures, here.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger bubbie said...

People ask me and my sister if we are twins all the time! She's 3 years older than me and we look nothing alike. I'm a good 3 inches shorter and my skin tone is waaaaay darker than hers.

Monday, February 18, 2008 9:58:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Yeah, the dressing them alike thing probably doesn't help the not-twins thing. ;)

Monday, February 18, 2008 10:37:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

It does sound like a fun, but tiring weekend!

Monday, February 18, 2008 10:52:00 PM  
Blogger Lady Librarian said...

My sister and I were once asked if we were twins - and I'm 5 1/2 years older than her! It must be because I'm so youthful looking....

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 2:08:00 AM  
Blogger APlanet4Creation said...

We get that too! My girls are like 2.5 years apart, I don't dress them alike and they are a good 7-8" height difference! Occasionally they wear the same shirt because they want to. The oldest looks like her dad and the youngest like me. Considering that I'm Chinese and dad is a Scot how can they be twins??? LOL!

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 5:51:00 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

I like the built-in playmate thing sans the punches.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 7:05:00 AM  
Blogger alexis said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 9:51:00 AM  
Blogger alexis said...

Hi Jenn!

My girls used to get the twin thing all the time even though they were almost 2 years apart. I think it was an asian thing! Everyone thinks we look alike as it is. :) Now that my girls are teenagers, they are mortified that anyone would ever think they look like twins.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 9:53:00 AM  
Anonymous cc said...

My girls get the same thing. They are 4 1/2 years apart. Rapunzel only gets upset by it when people ask if she's in first grade, or worse kindergarten. She quickly responds with a, "NO, I'm in 4th grade, SHE'S in kindergarten." In a jeesh are you an idiot or what voice. Wonder where she gets that from? Nevermind, I probably don't want to think about it too much. Anyways as long as the boys don't care have fun with it.

There is one plus to dressing them alike when you're out. If one gets lost and you have to get help to find them, you point at the other one and say he's wearing that.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 11:17:00 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Jenn, will you adopt me? I want to ride trains and be taken to bakeries. Please?

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 3:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home