Thursday, February 28, 2008

Designers? Gather 'round please.

Design, design, design



You know that Brady Bunch episode where the client wants Mike to make her a building in the shape of a powder puff? Yeah. That's the nightmare I'm living right now. As an architect, I feel like crap having to work on something I don't believe in aesthetically nor do I think I can build. Yet I have to. Slavery sucks.



Oh my. Tokidoki + Hello Kitty? I may have died and gone to kawaii heaven.




Stop the presses, I got press! The book I designed, Kid Emo & Grr Baby, got a nice write up at Parentdish. Thanks Angie! Apparently it is enjoyable for kids as well as adults. Who knew?



I have been wanting new soup bowls for some time. Since I had a gift card in my possession (I tend to hold onto those things for years), I went for the double handled soup bowls from Williams Sonoma. God, they are worth the price. Sturdy, gorgeous, and they come with plate that can be used as a charger or a side plate. My only complaint, they don't stack well, and that pisses me off. Good design should be thought through completely. Oh well. They are lovely anyway. I need a giant one so I can bathe in it.



Would you call this bad design or just disgusting? The Nosefrida, a baby aspirator - you put one end in the baby's nose and the other end? Well in your mouth to suck out the gunk, of course. Excuse me while I vomit now, thanks.




Now for the real question, who should win Project Runway? I still like Christian, even though Jillian proved that with enough time, she can make some amazing things. But really, is this an industry for slow ass motherf*ers? I am just glad we won't be seeing human hair on the runway. Ew.

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

OpenID saintswife said...

Oh - that nose thing - that is just sick and wrong! Eww.

Thursday, February 28, 2008 5:26:00 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Uh... confession?

My parents have told me many a times that when I was stuffed up that my dad would suck the snot from my tiny baby nose. I seriously think that's why I'm so f'up'd now.

Thursday, February 28, 2008 5:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Annika said...

I just pick my kid's nose. I am sure I'm somehow ruining his life by doing this.

I love (LOVE) those bowls but the stacking thing would drive me insane. I guess it's a good thing I don't have a gift card.

Thursday, February 28, 2008 5:45:00 PM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

you put the other end in your mouth!?

GAG.

Thursday, February 28, 2008 6:16:00 PM  
Blogger dapotato said...

hate:
- non-stacking dishware.
- baby snot. and how my mom used to just pick/wipe it away with her bare hand.
- not getting to watch project runway until it's rerun/marathon time.
- about 98% of my current projects asking me to design stuff i normally couldn't/wouldn't.

love:
- toki doki.
- the word kawaii. i once named my piano that, after my gma told me what the word meant. oh, and the piano was already wearing a nametag with its name when it was born.
- getting good press. congrats!

Thursday, February 28, 2008 6:18:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Wow, no opinions yet? Well, I'm not much better. I simply can't pick between Jillian and Christian. From what I saw, I liked Jillian, but personally she's not that great. This is the first year where I just can't pick and I've been right all 3 previous seasons.

Thursday, February 28, 2008 8:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Julie said...

Congrats on the press for your book, I love it, and as I've mentioned so does my boy...every night before bed he tells me he wants the Easter Bunny to bring him "a piece of ham, and some donuts" too funny ;)

Friday, February 29, 2008 4:40:00 AM  
Anonymous mayieve said...

nosefrida..eww?! From what I read, there would be a filter...but so what!! still gross!

Friday, February 29, 2008 4:54:00 AM  
Blogger Yvett said...

Ooh! I NEED that Hello kitty!


- I liked Chris until that horrible hair fiasco. Bleh. I cheated and went onto the Bravo website to see the pictures of the collections. I like Christian's the most. It's ferosh.

Friday, February 29, 2008 10:29:00 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

that nose thing is seriuosly gross- even grosser when you consider that they make these now too: http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=6768&parentCategoryId=85180&categoryId=85200

Friday, February 29, 2008 11:32:00 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

If you think that's bad, you might want to avoid the device the Nosefrida people have created for constipated babies...

Friday, February 29, 2008 1:26:00 PM  
Blogger Apple said...

That nose thing is total grossness.
As for Project Runway...I like Christian. He's quick with the sewing and he knows what he likes.

Friday, February 29, 2008 3:37:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Yeah, I've heard of (have collegues who have witnessed) the bypassing of the device and mom just going down on the nose with her mouth and sucking the boogers out. Ew.

I saw that human hair thing. I had to see what all the fuss over this show is. Again...ew.

Friday, February 29, 2008 5:16:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh no, for decades they've had those little baby turkey basters that worked fine. still nasty but fine. but I wouldn't ever even eat or drink after my own kid.

kat


p.s. I was eyeballing some bowls like that at crate & barrell, but that stacking think doesn't work for me either.

Saturday, March 01, 2008 8:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home